Quantcast

Kontrol TV and We Teli: 2 New Google TV Spotlight Apps

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Nov 13, 2012.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I noticed that the GTV Spotlight section has several new apps. They are all run by "Kontrol TV" - the same company that runs the "We Draw" app in GTV Spotlight.

The new apps I notice are "We Teli", "Kontrol TV", and I think "Trivia TV" & "Poker Fun" are new also. These apps allow you to download an app to your mobile device - and then you can use your mobile device to interact/control the Kontrol TV GTV Spotlight apps.

I don't have a mobile device to test these new apps - so if someone tries them out it would be appreciated if you could post your thoughts about these new apps.

Spotlight Gallery - Google TV
    (click for GTV Spotlight section)

http://kontrol.tv/ (click for Kontrol TV web site)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I installed the app on my TouchPad and played the Trivia game a while, works really well with one person and I assume would also work well with a number of people, a keeper.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Kontrol.tv Launches To Help Developers Build Multiplatform, Multiscreen Mobile And TV Apps | TechCrunch (click for full article)

By Ryan Lawler 11/19/12

"Over the past several years, we've seen several device manufacturers and software makers jump into the smart TV market. Everyone from Samsung to Sony to LG to Google and Yahoo have built out some sort of smart TV device or operating system. But to date, so-called smart TVs haven't actually been very smart: Control and navigation for thousands of apps and hundreds of pieces of content continues to be a challenge. And the market is totally fragmented, so apps only ever work for one operating system or manufacturer.

But what if there were a way for users to view, navigate, and control apps from their mobile phones or tablets, obviating the need for clunky remote controls? What if there were a way for them to play games with their friends and family on connected TVs, even if they bought them from different manufacturers? What if users could connect to friends on different second-screen applications, even if they were using different operating systems? Even better, what if developers could create a multiscreen, multiplatform app once, and have it work across multiple TV manufacturers and mobile and tablet operating systems?

That's what Kontrol.tv seeks to do."

Last edited: Nov 19, 2012