Quantcast

Known Issues After Honeycomb 3.2 Upgrade

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by frooshiantee, Jun 7, 2012.

1. frooshiantee

frooshiantee New Member

I would like to start a thread where people can report issues they are experiencing AFTER upgrading to Honeycomb 3.2. Also, please note if this is a new occurring issue, or this is an issue you had on 3.1 and was not resolved by the 3.2 upgrade. I am still at work, but my wife said the issue with Youtube videos not loading from the Youtube native app is NOT resolved, and the thumbnail issue in Netflix is also not resolved. I will edit this post when I get home and have a few moments to troubleshoot.

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

I rec'd the Upgrade early this morning. Here's the problem I'm having. When on any page that uses a pop-up, the page goes blank. An example is the TV Guide site. My MSN is another. When I am not signed in, the sign-in overlay causes the page to go blank.

3. Carlszone

I found the problem. My user agent somehow had a space in it after the upgrade. Don't know why the pages would go blank though.

Carl

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

I suggest, before or after updating to "Revue 3.2 update" to clear any data/settings from your account stored on Google server and perform a Factory-reset on Revue, to steer clear of viable rough ride.

Follow these steps.
    *perform step 'a' to 'f' for FW 3.2 or perform All steps for FW 3.1

Good luck

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  5. Carlszone

Hi

All is working fine now. I set my User Agent back to Generic. Browsing, while I don't believe it is any faster, is smoother. And while troubleshooting the problem I opened a bunch of Apps and tested various sites. Then forgetting to do a Restart I went straight to Neflix to finish watching a program. With Chrome still open along w/various Apps, Netflix played for the 1st time w/out an error message.

I wouldn't advise such a drastic step as a factory reset for upgrade problems. Just check yer settings after an upgrade if you start having problems.

But thanks

Carl

6. dlflannery

dlflannery New Member

Based on my experience, at least, I recommend de- and re-activating your Netflix account. It's very easy and quick to do using the keyboard method (up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-up-up-up-up). I had a video (47 min HD) that was unplayable because it stalled so often. After re-activating it played flawlessly.

Of course the frustrating thing about these incidents is you never know for sure what caused, or fixed, the problem. For example I had played two other HD videos (1hr 45min, and 55 min, both HD) perfectly before having this problem. And it's possible my problems were caused by internet glitches or Netflix server problems that corrected themselves by the time I re-tried the problem video.

Nevertheless, re-activation is worth doing just in case it helps since the effort and time required is so small.

7. millermoto

millermoto New Member

I now have the black screen, no market problem that only started after 3.2 and I still have the no graphics issue in Netflix after 3.2. I'm at a total loss. On the plus side, Netflix streams really well now. I sure would like to try my Plex server but can't without market access.

8. frooshiantee

frooshiantee New Member

Here is a list of issues I have resolved as of last night - 1. Netflix thumbnails not showing.2. Netflix videos not playing. 3. Youtube application; videos not playing.4. Google Music media not playing.5. Play Store not loading. Last night I connected my Revue directly to my Time Warner modem, and all of the issues were resolved. So I removed my Belkin router from the network, and used a different router provided by the ISP, and the issues are still resolved. It looks like the router was technically "causing" the problems. With that being said, I didn't have issues with any other devices on my network, and I spent about an hour making configuration changes to my router, and NONE of them resolved the issue. Only when I completely removed my Belkin router from the network did my Revue issues stop. Hopefully this information will help everyone else with similar issues - I own a Belkin 4-port router; model - F5D8235-4 Settings I changed in the router, but did not resolve the issue - Turning the firewall off completelyTurning on DMZ for the Revue's IPChanging DNS in the router to Google's DNS serversTurning off incoming IP ping blockingFactory resettingChecking for new firmware (was none)

9. ut1st

ut1st New Member

Howdy! Would like to second, third and otherwise state that all the listed issues are occurring with the Sony nsz-gt1... I would add to the list, that after a factory reset, I had to reset the video input and the location 'app' does not work, thus I cannot get a list of input providers, therefore cannot configure my IR blast for Directv. Alas, plugging directly into the Time Warner modem didn't work, nor did setting up a static IP on the Google TV and placing it into the router's DMZ... I also 'stumped' Sony support, to which end, they sent me a replacement unit... alas, still the same issues. Any other ideas as to what is causing this??

10. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I would try these steps again in this order.

1) remove your router from your setup.

2)connect directly to modem and reset your modem

3) factory reset your GTV device (and make sure that you click the box for ethernet connection).

11. ut1st

ut1st New Member

Thank you... I did steps 1 and 2... Then I tried my video input setup and it worked, as well as all other non-functioning applications. I then reconnected my Linksys WRT610N, hardwired google tv box to the router... back to the applications not working again. So, what do we thinkg about this? Now this thread has confirmed google tv v 3.2 not working with two different routers... and placing the box into the router's dmz is not resolved this issue... I would be inclined to believe my router is going 'bad', but as my PS3 and other connected devices are not having similar issues... what might the issue be?

12. millermoto

millermoto New Member

I really hate to hear that these problems are occurring on he new Sony GTV box. I was hoping to replace my Logitech box with one of these. I don't think I care to spend another $150 to buy special router equipment just to get Google TV to work. My current setup works fine with every phone, tablet, desktop, and notebook in the house - Android, Windows, and Apple. The only thing that fails is Google TV. I'm beginning to wonder if Time Warner has found a way to disable GTV functionality over broadband.

13. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

14. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I am not seeing "all of these problems" with Google TV and various routers, only a couple of complaints in fact while the huge majority are not experiencing issues, therefore not reporting anything, and those that are may have something wrong other than a malfunctioning Google TV device. I can say all 3 Google TV boxes are working fine with my router, a 2Wire Gateway from AT&T U-verse. I had expected to use a dual band N router I own but speed tests throughout the house and all streaming services I use with Google TV are working great with the provided U-verse Wireless-G router.

15. ut1st

ut1st New Member

Well... turned out to be the router... something, somewhere, somehow just went 'bad'. I tried an old Linksys and it worked. Then went and got a Neatgear N750 router and working fine too... BTW... The builtin DLNA server on this router rocks with the Google TV Media player... Thanks yall!

16. ramsayj74

ramsayj74 New Member

Logitech Revue behind Linksys WRT610N v1 is not working for me either after the 3.2 upgrade. Works great with a routable IP address but fails in NAT mode. Don't have any other routers to use at this time. I only had the revue for about two weeks prior to the upgrade and now can't return it -- this box is my new door stop. Like millermoto said, everything else is working with my setup so, I can't justify buying a new router because of this device. Google and/or Logitech needs to fix this since they made the decision to essentially brick our devices by pushing a flawed update. One more thing -- why is the network status reporting the Internet, Ethernet and Wi-Fi statuses as unknown and is enabling the Private Network when I'm using an Ethernet Cable -- No Wi-Fi configured -- only shows this when using my NAT (192.168.x.x) addresses BUT if you leave the status window open long enough they all change to the expected values -- still nothing (Netflix, TV & Movies or Play Store) work.

17. BradleyGZ

BradleyGZ New Member

I am having this exact same issue with my logitech revue. Everything worked fine with 3.1. After the update to 3.2, google play, netflix thumbnails, and TV& Movies stopped working. I have a Cisco E3200 router. If I take the router out of the loop and connect directly to my Brighthouse cable modem, everything works! But once I put the router back in the loop, it all stops working again.

I have not tried changing from NAT to routable IP address but then again, why would I? I want the NAT setup. I myself can't justify buying a new router just for this as everything works EXCEPT google tv AFTER the update.

18. BradleyGZ

BradleyGZ New Member

Quick update on this. I updated the firmware in my Linksys E3200 router to the latest firmware and it all seems to be working great now (for now anyways). I will post back if this stop working again.

So my suggestion to the others having this problem is to check and see if your routers are updated to the latest firmware.

19. ramsayj74

ramsayj74 New Member

Well, I have some good news -- my revue is working once again -- all apps (Netflix, TV & Movies and Play Store). The funny thing is I haven't changed anything since my last post. I just purchased a new router (Linksys E4200) from Newegg yesterday after convincing myself that it was the right thing to do -- maybe it'll (Revue) break just so I can continue to justify purchasing another expensive gadget. Anyways, thank you computer gremlins for allowing me to enjoy my revue once again.

20. tinman319

tinman319 New Member

Anyone else think that it's more than a co-incidence that almost all of the recent issues with Revue units since mid-May (just before and since the 3.2 upgrade) that are not specific to an advanced app but involve standard apps (like accessing the Playstore, Netflix thumbnails, etc.) have involved users who have Linksys or Cisco (same company) routers??? Must be something in their firmware that is having trouble with Google TV. Cisco/Linksys may be the biggest name in home routers but they certainly are not the only ones.