Quantcast

Kindle for Android & MLB At Bat Video Working with 3.2 Honeycomb (Revue)

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by twiz, Jun 9, 2012.

1. twiz

twiz New Member

I have probably sideloaded near 100 apps onto my Revue, just to see what I can get working. When I received the 3.2 update last night, I decided to return to a few favorite trouble apps. Imagine my surprise when not only did Kindle for Android (sideload) now work on my Revue (it has been broken for 4 or more versions - crash on launch), but I nearly had a heart attack when my MLB At Bat Lite (with premium login) ALSO PLAYED BEAUTIFUL HD VIDEOS.

Previously in MLB At Bat Lite, everything except News and Video were functioning properly. News would show the side content, but the expanded window would show a garbled link that my Revue could not handle. It's still doing this, but the Video is loading wonderfully. The first few seconds played a lower bitrate, and then it quickly smoothed out to a nice HD quality on my 42".

Merry Christmas.

Keep in mind that you may need Orientation Control (sideload) for sideloaded apps to work on your Revue. This app can be sideloaded, and suppresses Portrait Mode errors that many apps will produce on GTV, since they cannot read GTV's default orientation.

I'll be going back through my previous sideloaded failures and seeing what else Santa has brought me.

twiz

Last edited: Jun 9, 2012
  2. twiz

twiz New Member

The new 6/12 update to the Kindle for Android app breaks it again for GTV (version 3.6.0.87). If I didn't know better, I'd start thinking it was personal. Eerily, the working version of 3.2.0.35 is 10MB lighter than the broken 14MB update, but it runs beautifully.

3. madman999

madman999 Member

Newer version is not always better. If you find a stable version for your situation, make a backup and keep using it.

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....