Quantcast

kinda Late...

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Carlszone, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Sorry, I don't really like introductory threads. But I like this forum and felt bad for not introducing myself earlier. I found this group while studying up on the Revue via Youtube videos.

I'm using the Logitech Revue which I hooked up on Dec 9th. My earlier set top box experience was on Webtv (2003-2004), and MSNTV 2 (2004-2011). I'm orig from New York and now live in the city of my last duty station Norfolk Va, where I retired from the Navy.

I've spent most of my time on the set top boxes in forums, Webtv groups, and Google groups helping users find work-arounds for simple problems that were innate to the MSN units. In all that experience this is probably my first meet and greet post.

I've found this forum quite different from any I've previously encountered. The experience level of the members is drastically higher in tech know-how. This forum is much less confrontational than most. I'm finding there is less need for the defensive style of posting I'd grown used to. Hence, jumping in w/both feet probably was not a good idea.

I've never been much into most of the gadgets and components mentioned in this forum, but always like to keep up with the latest and greatest. The Android system is beyond anything I could imagine. Sorta like coming out of the Dark Ages into a totally new and unexpected world of immense possibility.

I'm using the Revue alone right now w/out cable. When I started out I orig hooked up w/a Cox Cable DVR until Jan.

Anyway...the ride has been great so far!

Thanks

Carl

• Like Like x 4
  2. jetmdt

jetmdt Member

Nice introduction and thanks for your service to our Country. I bought one of the first Android phones from Verizon. Never been an Apple fanboy and the idea of Android intrigued me. Still using my HTC Droid Eris as my phone and I'm due for an upgrade. There are just too many cool phones coming out and really like the New HTC One X, the S model reminds me of my current phone and cant wait to check them out.

Jeff

3. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff

I've never had a Smart Phone. I looked some up on Amazon, but then their suggestion engine went into overdrive and I bugged out. I'm using a Tracfone for now. The best cell phone I've had so far was via Cox Wireless. But they terminated the service w/3 months notice.

Looked into Apple products, but hated the exclusivity. I just want devices to work for what I need, not to enslave me to a particular proprietary line of products. I remember when I bought a Dell computer a few years back. I downloaded the free Quicktime player. Every few minutes I would get ads for Itunes. It drove me crazy. I started to buy the player, but decided if just using their player generated that much advertisement, maybe buying into their game wasn't such a good idea.

Carl