Quantcast

Keyboard Volume Control Issue - Post Update

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by chicha29, Dec 12, 2011.

1. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

I don't know if this is related, but during the HC update, I received a prompt to update "the controller". I was thinking it was referring to the keyboard. In any event, it couldn't update "the controller" So I clicked cancel. Now I notice that I can't control the volume keys on the keyboard. They worked prior to the update. I'm using an LG tv, and before I remember going to a page which listed the make and model. But I can't locate that page in the settings now. Maybe the make and model of TV were deleted during the update, and I need to re-enter that info?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

If it is just a couple of buttons that are not responsive then you can fix it in the GTV Settings, Input devices > Customize Controller Key control panel.

3. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

I am having issues with My LG as well, The power button is all I need, and does not work since the update. Was working before, I have deleted and added the device back and still no go. It finds it during the setup, but does not work. Strange

4. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

Are you referring to the Sony GTV? Because under my Revue settings, there is no mention of "input devices" - in the "under the hood" section of settings.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

No, "under the hood" are Chrome settings not a GTV Setting. And besides, Sony Google TV devices cannot customize their controller keys.

6. chicha29

chicha29 New Member

How do I switch between Chrome and GTV settings? And is the Revue's keyboard also referred to as a "controller"? During the HC update, the separate update for the "controller" failed. A number of people also experienced this during the update.

• Like Like x 2
  7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

For one don't be inside Chrome when you're making these changes.

Yes.

And if you got that message then the Harmony Controller inside your Revue no longer has the configuration for some (if not all) of your IR devices. You would then have to go into GTV Settings > TV Source > Edit Configured Device > Disconnect device then Add device manually to go through the configuration wizard again.

• Like Like x 2
  8. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

I still cant get the Keyboard to turn the TV off, I have tried all settings, customize controller keys, even tried the IR blaster. No Go, It controls everything else, but not the tv. Strange it was working before the update

9. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

you may try "Factory data reset, and star all over - (two options to choose from to reset it):

• Lunch Chrome - press [Option] key - from the menu select 'Setting' > 'Reporting ' > "Factory data reset" (erases all data on device).

• Hold down the button on the back of the Revue until the TV-logo comes up. (it may takes about 40 seconds) -> then the progress bar will display...

Make sure the IR blaster is connected and facing the TV IR receiver .

more tips, see ->http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...e-gtv2-0-ui-pq-netflix-apps-quick-review.html

Good luck!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
  10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The only thing that you didn't verify is whether or not you removed and added the TV from the TV & AV Receiver control panel? Apparently, some Revues forgot the IR command relationship and for certain devices / buttons and needs to be reconfigured in order for it to work again.

11. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Yes, I have done that 3-4 times already, even manually added the power control from the original remote.

12. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Can you check something for me? Check two things, do you have multiple iterations of the Power Command? And can you assign them to [Fn]+Q or some other letter to test if the command works of if the power button association is broken?

13. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Yes, i have multiple devices. SS, Cable, and TV. I will try your suggestion, and report back

14. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Tried the Custom Key, [Fn]+Q. No Go, the light on the revue lights up like it is trying, but does nothing. I guess there is no other choice but to try a Factory Reset at this point. Very Strange that it worked before the update.

15. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Cool. But did you happen to notice if you had multiple iteration of the power command after you taught it from the remote? I ask because there was a bug for the buttons which had limited selections (None, command, Assign IR code) that would go through the learning process for commands but not actually use them. I ended up having six iterations of the same command after teaching them six different times. And each one of them worked when I assigned it to a [Fn]+[Q] combo.

16. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  17. BucYouUp68

BucYouUp68 Member

Factory Reset, TV Power toggle still does not work. Lame

18. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would report the issue to the Logitech Technical Support when you get the chance.

19. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Try factory-reset again, this time create a new account – Prior to resetting – unplug power from all connected devices (for 5 min) .

Make sure the IR blaster is connected and facing the TV IR receiver.

Good Luck!