Quantcast

Keyboard Shortcuts (and other tips and tricks)

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by phantomandy, May 30, 2011.

1. phantomandy

phantomandy New Member

After reading a thread about holding the ALT key on the Sony GTV remote while using the mouse (for better accuracy) I discovered by accident a trick that I'd been wishing my TV had. I thought this might be a good thread to share keyboard shortcuts.

Please list your GTV platform (i.e. Sony Internet TV, Revue, Sony BluRay etc) along with your controller and your tip.

Platform: Sony 46" Internet TV
    Controller: OEM RF Remote/QWERTY keyboard/mouse

Tip: While holding the ALT key use the directional arrows on the D-Pad (upper left) to go Forward and Backward while watching TV.

The remote lacks a 'Channel Recall' button that lets you go back and forth between channels (although there is a channel recall in the TV Menu under the 'More' section - that's 4 key presses to activate channel recall).

Holding the ALT Key and pressing left goes back, holding ALT and pressing right goes forward. Even better than channel recall.

Bring your keyboard shortcuts on - need to know more ways to make better use of the GTV Remotes!

2. qw545

qw545 Member

The tab key serves as "channel recall" when using my HDMI connected Uverse box. When connected to the Uverse box the Alt + arrow returns me to a digital channel through the internal tv tuner. While using the internal tuner the Alt + arrow trick does function as a channel recall within the internally tuned channels.

3. djzaelke

djzaelke New Member

Ctrl D starts recording and bookmark.