Quantcast

Keyboard For Revue $50 shipped eBay

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by ChrisG8, Feb 8, 2012.

1. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

2. rayovac

rayovac New Member

Buy at your own risk. There were units returned, units refurbished etc. Thousands. Any that come in a plain brown box I would'nt touch

3. ChrisG8

4. gadgetrants

gadgetrants New Member

Got my full system OEM (plain brown box) from CircuitCity and it was new+perfect condition (everything included). I agree though that eBay is a little more wild, wild west. OP, what is the "unifying receiver"? EDIT: OK, just checked and now I see!

-Matt

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  5. ChrisG8

I haven't purchased one yet but Circuit City now is nothing more than an online liquidator exactly like the sellers you see on eBay but I think you have easier and better buyer protection if buying through eBay than directly from the seller. TigerDirect, Circuit City and probably others are all the same company. The sellers I linked are reputable liquidators as are the TigerDirect affiliates. If I do buy this keyboard, I will buy based on price likely from an eBay seller unless I can beat the price elsewhere.

I have thought about buying one to use when I am forced to use something other than Google TV for internet TV since I really like the keyboard. I assume it will work with a laptop for Hulu but I use a PS3 or LG BD390 for VUDU and will for Hulu Plus when I try that in a month or two and I doubt if I can get it to work for those devices. My preference would be if all of those services work with Google TV but so far that hasn't happened.

6. squeezon

squeezon New Member

The Logitech Revue ships in a branded box. Not a plain brown wrapper. If nothing else there is no warranty if you purchase on Ebay. There may not even be updates as Logitech as discontinued the product. I would not purchase the unit in a brown wrapping whether its light bulbs or computer gear.

7. ChrisG8

Certainly you don't have to purchase the item but your information is false, warranty is available as stated in the description for purchases from eBay. Why not bother to understand what you are talking about before posting nonsense?

8. squeezon

squeezon New Member

With an attitude like that you certainly deserve everything coming to you. There are posts in here where they purchased from Ebay and tried for weeks to get a credit on their returns which were refurbished.
    But you go ahead and Good Luck! :)

9. ChrisG8

I have been using eBay since 1999, if the seller doesn't adhere to the terms of the sale, eBay or PayPal or the credit care company will force adherence, never seen an exception to that rule. Go ahead and provide some evidence that isn't true, hearsay nonsense means little to me.

10. PhatboyC

PhatboyC Member

Funny how the add says revue everywhere. If you have a revue you don't need another one. I see being useful for other systems especially the sony gtv.

11. ChrisG8

12. gadgetrants

gadgetrants New Member

Chris, I hope things worked out with your new keyboard. I'm not sure if it's a price drop, but today I noticed a few Marketplace sellers at Amazon listing the keyboard + unifying receiver for about $40 shipped:

Amazon.com: Logitech Keyboard Controller for Logitech Revue and Google TV: Electronics

The eBay deal you found is still running, so it looks like there are a few good choices at the moment. :)

-Matt

13. ChrisG8

I have been aware of that and it dropped along with the eBay seller's listing, the eBay seller may be the same seller as the Amazon Marketplace seller. I chose eBay because of the cash back 2% eBay Bucks and $.10 lower price. I checked your link and there are now 2 Amazon Marketplace sellers at $39.99 shipped.

I have received the keyboard and unifying receiver which was covered in plastic inside the brown box, I am sure it was new and it works great.

• Like Like x 2
  14. ChrisG8

I guess I should have mentioned what I use the Keyboard for, I paired it with a laptop with HDMI output and use that for Hulu and GTV blocked network sites. I don't keep the laptop connected but in that rare instance when I need to access those sites, I can connect it easily and it operates about the same as my Revue since I am using the same keyboard. I could not figure out how to pair a keyboard with both a Revue and the laptop, it may not be possible but even if it was, I couldn't envision how using the same keyboard for both would be very good, especially if my girlfriend was using the laptop while I was using the Revue, wouldn't the cursor be flying all over the laptop screen or random characters be appearing. I played that trick on her with the new keyboard and she didn't think it was particularly funny.

I normally use an antenna and TiVo for the networks but if I forgot to record something or there is an old movie on Hulu we want to watch, this solution works great. My total solution to avoid the monthly cable bill, antenna, two TiVos, two Google TV boxes, Blu-ray players, PC with Revue keyboard, Vudu, Amazon VoD and a bunch of discs. Ultimately I will recoup my investment and be ahead compared to keeping my DirecTV subscription, woohoo!

• Like Like x 2
  15. gadgetrants

gadgetrants New Member

I am just a single-Revue guy at the moment but your experience with the second keyboard has me mighty tempted to pick up another one as a backup!

-Matt

16. drdigital1

drdigital1 New Member

I am doing the same and I have a question: were you able to get the media keys work with the laptop? I'd like to pause/resume streaming with one key press. I'd also like to turn on and use Media Center software.

17. ChrisG8

I don't use Windows Media Center but the media transport keys only work with some sites when using the Revue, YouTube for example. Since I can access those sites with the Revue, I haven't tried the keyboard and laptop combination to see if it works. I know those keys will not work with Hulu and the few network sites I have tried.

18. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Here's something I've been noticing. On most sites where the Media Controls don't work, I click the screen and if the video pauses, then I can usually FFW or REW using the directional keys. And once the screen is clicked, on some videos you can also control the volume using the up/down Directional keys.

Just another option...

Carl

19. ChrisG8

I picked up a Logitech K350 keyboard at a garage sale this weekend, with unifying receiver. The guy hated it but I suspected I would like it a lot and I do. I hope to put together some kind of PC to keep connected in my home theater and I think this one will work well for that purpose if I ever get around to doing that. Probably I will just look for a used HTPC since it will never be very important to me, I won't replace TiVo or the great Blu-ray players I own, won't even replace Google TV with it but after using my girlfriend's laptop for Hulu and a couple of the sites that block Google TV, I definitely see a need for one if I can get one priced right. I definitely got the keyboard priced right. I love Logitech wireless keyboards and use them for most things internet related now.

20. gadgetrants

gadgetrants New Member