Quantcast

Keyboard Changing Channels On It's Own?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by mikespe, Jan 25, 2012.

1. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Hey everyone...new to the forum but got the Revue a few days after Christmas. It has been working fantastic up until a few days ago. The channels on my tv would just change on their own racing through them like someone was holding the channel up button. I thought it was the batteries in my cable box remote going dead so I removed them...but it happened again. So I turned the keyboard's power off...problem stopped. So then I figured the batteries in my Revue keyboard were going dead so I changed them. About 30 minutes after changing the batteries it happened again. Turned the power off & the problem stops. So I've been using some of the remotes apps from the Android market on my tablet...some are OK but just not like using the keyboard.

Has anyone had this issue or heard of it & what do you think it is?

Thank You!

2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  3. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I clicked the link but it just takes me to the main page of this forum? What am I looking for? Thanks again!

4. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

try this --> Revue Tips > 16- Keyboard
    link fixed, sorry!

5. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Thank you...when I hit the button on the back of the Revue it brought up pair new device...since my keyboard was already paired it didn't find any NEW devices. So I checked the keyboard & all the buttons worked. So now I guess I'll see what happens. So far it's been 15min & it's working OK...We'll see after 30min or an hour...

Thanks again!

6. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Well unfortunately it didn't work...just started changing all by itself again...any other ideas? Thanks

7. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Turn "OFF" Keyboard - remove batteries.
    • Reboot Revue - unplug it from power (wait 30 sec.) re-plug it.
    • Press the button on the back of the Revue for One sec -
    • Insert battery (new batteries if available) - turn "ON" Keyboard.
    • Follow On-Screen prompts.

Good luck!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012
  8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

By any chance, do you have some sort of place-shifting device like a Sling Media Slingbox or a Monsoon Multimedia Vulkano where someone remotely may be watching something?

9. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Did THIS too and AGAIN it is NOT finding any NEW device...it is just going with it as if the keyboard is already paired. It does NOT repair the keyboard...Is there a way to RE-Pair the keyboard?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Just so you understand. Turning off the power or removing the batteries won't unpair the keyboard. In order to do that you'll need to manually go into GTV Settings > Input devices > Manage paired devices.

11. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I Do understand that...that's why I ASKED...I'm not a tech rookie...I just never seen a piece of technology that would just change the channels on my TV without me initiating it. It's telling me either something is corrupt or it's crap hardware...

on a side note...I figured out HOW to unpair then re-pair the keyboard shortly after I posted my question. So far it's been about 45min & it's working good. It must have been a corrupt file created by the original pairing...now I just hope I haven't jinxed myself!

12. mikespe

mikespe New Member

well it just did it AGAIN!!!! I stopped it and not it's fine...it went about 1 hour before it happened...what is causing this all of a sudden? I've had the box since 3 days after Christmas and this JUST started last week...buttons are NOT sticking...batteries are BRAND NEW...and I paired the keyboard again...

13. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It could be a defective keyboard. Contact Logitech Technical Support and see if they'll replace for you.

14. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

reset it! see --> 19- Troubleshooting

15. mikespe

mikespe New Member

I ended up calling Logitech support on Friday & the tech told me to do a factory reset which I did. About 45 minutes after I finished it did it again! The tech told me if the factory reset didn't work that I should call back & they will send me a new keyboard. It is such a pain! So for now I am using an app called BuddyTV which has a remote built into it (a pretty good one at that!) I'm waiting for the Able Remote for Google TV to add a keyboard to their app (I put a request in & the developer said he would add one).

I prefer the physical keyboard for typing (like emails, facebook, etc) but I'll have to wait until I call back Monday & get a new one issued.

Thanks for the help everyone!

16. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help. Sorry, it wasn't something that could be easily fixed.

17. mikespe

mikespe New Member

Well finally got through to Logitech support again & I need to ship my keyboard back to them before I get a replacement. Support was very good except for the 20min wait to speak to someone. Shipping is free since this is a warranty claim. At least Logitech seems to support their products well when problems occur. I sure hope this fixes the problem

Sent from my A500 running Thor's ICS