Quantcast

Keep getting Error: The following lug-in has crashed: Shockwave Flash.

Discussion in 'Google TV Help' started by ligtt, Feb 16, 2012.

1. ligtt

ligtt New Member

Why and I getting this all of sudden and how do I fix this this. Is there a link to upgrade my Shockwave Flash plugin?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

It might help if you could give a little more information. When is the Error Msg occurring. What sites are causing Shockwave Flash to Crash.

The one and only site that still causes me to crash and burn is ESPN 3. And only if I view the commercials. You can tell the discrepancy in the Bandwidth by the sudden change in volume when certain ads play. The unit cannot handle the surge and bugs out.

I avoid the commercials.

Carl

Last edited: Feb 16, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  3. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

I was searching through threads because I'm having the same issue. My question, how do you avoid the ads?

4. Carlszone

Hi

It is not easy and of course is only a temporary fix. But, when viewing live events, you can coordinate using the Reload feature with the first appearance of the Ads. But keep in mind the FN Key refresh method does not work while on a video site. You must use the Window Feature. Usually you will notice that the commercials begin with the user friendly version on up to the extreme. Rarely do they start w/the more disruptive Ads. A case in point, the Verizon Ads. This is usually the 2nd or third ad and is the loudest.

I use headphones because I live in an apartment complex. Often while viewing ESPN 3 I was overwhelmed by the ads that were extremely loud in comparison to the program I was enjoying. And consequently, shortly after, my Revue agreed, and subsequently bailed out in what I now know as a Shock wave Crash.

So I started doing a Reload prior to the commercials. This isn't the hard part. Anticipating Ads on ESPN 3 was the easy part. I'm a boxing fan. The only reason I ever subscribed to Cable was to be able to follow boxing on ESPN, HBO, and Showtime. But eventually this became too expensive for me.

Now I enjoy Boxing via ESPN 3. I avoid commercials by Reloading during anticipated commercials. The announcers always say something as a prelude to an Ad. I followed College Football last season and the same thing was happening. Shockwave Crashes after or during the Ads.

If you reload during the first commercial, you may rejoin the program without losing any airtime. The reason I say this is not a long term solution is because the commercials may be longer than the time it takes to Reload.

Sorry, no magic bullet...

But we can e-mail the webmaster of this site and others to get them to stop what the FCC is forcing Cable providers to stop on networks that practice this annoying distraction.

The Logitech Revue can use ESPN 3 successfully as others have posted. But the Commercials must be brought under control. Bandwidth discrepancies that vary to such extremes do not only affect the Revue. They cause the same problems for users via Laptops and other devices. A few years ago a computer user complained to me that he was knocked off-line by what was then ESPN 360. Sadly, I laughed and told him to upgrade his system.

Carl

Last edited: Feb 21, 2012
  5. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Thanks Carl! I have tried that with little success. It either fails again on the refresh or, I get that annoying popup that launches me to some Godforsaken website when I try to close it. Thanks for the info! :cool:

6. Carlszone

Sorry about that. Heck, we shouldn't have to bring such an obvious problem to their attention. But with cable companies offering broadband at unprecedented speeds, webmasters are either getting lazy or using their sites bandwidth to exploit this phenomenon. They often forget that users are streaming from a variety of devices that cannot handle such surges.

Worst case scenario...they just don't care.

Carl

• Like Like x 2
  7. BLA

BLA New Member

My shockwave just started to crash last night, also. On a basic how to search site.

8. dharris9311

dharris9311 Member

Unfortunately.... I think you are absolutely right... They really don't care. Until enough folks start complaining and taking their $$$ elsewhere, problems of this type will continue.