Quantcast

Jynbox Adds 4 New Android TV Boxes To Its Lineup

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jun 11, 2013.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Jynxbox adds 4 new Android TV boxes to its lineup - Liliputing (click for full article)

by Brad Linder - June 11, 2013

"Jynbox offers a line of Android-powered devices that let you run apps on your TV. There are a lot of those around, but the Jynxbox Android HD stood out from the crowd a bit, since it was designed specifically to run the XBMC media center app.

Now the folks at XBMC Android report that Jynxbox is getting ready to launch 4 new TV boxes, including an updated version of the Jynxbox Android HD as well as models with different hardware."

2. CatfishRivers

Leaked Photos of the Upcoming Jynxbox Android TV Product Line | XBMC ANDROID (click for full article & photos)

*Buyer Beware. From the article:

"Supposidly these devices are going to begin shipping in the next few weeks but who knows with this kind of thing, hopefully the software will be better than it has been in the past.

We've spoken to Jynxbox over the past few weeks a few times and they've assured us that they were going to put more effort into improving their firmware, something that is also a problem for many Android TV devices on the market right now.

We'll see how it goes, at least they got rid of that stupid Wii-style remote which didn't let you connect to a wireless network on XBMC-Linux, forcing you to use a USB keyboard to get it to work. Now all they need is to redesign their web site."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The article mentions that the Jynbox models aren't manufactured by Geniatech. I know Geniatech is one of the biggest android TV box manufacturers in China. I wonder if the firmware support from Geniatech products is any better? The video I saw of their factory was rather impressive IMO.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  3. mrspock

mrspock Active Member

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

Can you show me an Android mini PC made by Geniatech?

5. CatfishRivers

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I think eventually Geniatech will be a contender for the Android mini PC consumer but I didn't see anything worth considering at this point. I think Geniatech is trying to be a mainstream manufacturer, meaning able to support its products and sell properly licensed products.

7. CatfishRivers

Nice detailed review:

Jynxbox M6 Android TV Box Review
    (click for full review)

December 20, 2013

-- I've shown some unboxing pictures and video of Jynxbox Android M6 earlier this week, and today I'll write a review of this AMLogic AML8726-M6 dual core Android media player. I'll start with my first impressions, go through the different settings, test video playback, wi-fi performance, and reports about different miscalleous tests: Bluetooth, USB mass storage, USB webcam, etc...

Read more: http://www.cnx-software.com/2013/12/20/jynxbox-android-m6-android-tv-box-review/#ixzz2o3jWuPEf

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013