Quantcast

Just unwrapped Revue but...

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Slider.69.us, Sep 9, 2011.

1. Slider.69.us

Slider.69.us New Member

Hello I am VERY new here so please be patient, I just unwrapped my new revue and love it other then I can not get Netflix to connect at all.... It will connect through my PS3, Xbox360,Wii and Samsung Focus just not this... ANything I should try?

Thanks in advance!

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Plug it in? It is hard to give you any advice without knowing which symptoms show up while you try to log into your Netflix account.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

That would be my advice as all we know he has done so far is just unwrapped it.

4. Slider.69.us

Slider.69.us New Member

Sorry I thought most of the other information would have went without saying but I understand you guys probably get a lot of (duh) questions... I have it plugged in wired to Mediacom 12meg cable service have it set up, Google account synced, Directv and TV both set up and optimized for 1080p tv viewing, but when i hit the Netflix app it sets at the loading screen for exactly 3mins and 45 seconds and then says "Can not connect to netflix at this time please try again later or visit netflix/tvhelp" I have done both with the trying again later leading to the same results, and the website actually leading to dead ends and people asking me if I have a actual account with Netflix! Like I said before I can get it to work with everything else I have except this.

5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

How about Netflix via Chrome Browser; are you able to log into your Netflix account through the web browser of Google TV? Also, check your router's firewalls policy if there are any redirects for either port 80 or 443 since those are the ports which Netflix uses to access the account and stream videos.

6. Slider.69.us

Slider.69.us New Member

Well today for some weird reason I tried the app (just after seeing that my Google Chrome browser would in fact pick up Netflix) and it worked fine, so not sure what the issue was but apparently it decided to work for me... SO all good now!

Thanks for all the advice!!