Quantcast

Just purchased the nsz-gs7

Discussion in 'Sony's NSZ-GS8 / NSZ-GS7' started by ericreinhardt, May 27, 2013.

1. ericreinhardt

ericreinhardt New Member

Well i purchased the Sony nsz-gs7 a few days ago. To be honest I hooked up at first and i really didn't care for it so I disconnected and was going to mail back. I decided to re hook up again and Im glad I did. Im loving this thing! I do have a few questions. First is the sony nsz-gs7 at the end of its life/outdated. Should I of purchased a newer different model like the costar. Second with the prime guide does this remember what you watch and make suggestions this way because now it really doesnt have that many movies etc. I have it hooked to my verizon fios dvr and have netflix, hbo go etc. I did about 20 reviews in the beginning when i set up the unit but I think there should be more of a selection. Also since the gs7 is an older model according to todays tech standards will it receive all future updates?

Eric

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

It is in my opinion the best, most current and full featured model available now but I don't know if something better is coming soon.

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Hold on there partner.The GS7 is going to get the Jellybean 4.2.2 and Chrome update later on this year.All lot of folks have said the primetime guide app needs some fine tuning.As you become better with the workings of the unit you'll enjoy it more.Bought mine when it first hit the Sony website and never had a regret purchasing it.A lot of fine people in this forum to answer your questions.Had't fired up the desktop much since I do all my surfing from the big screen now!

4. pmcd

pmcd Active Member

Once the GS7 gets 4.2.x and the same development kit the GS7 will become one of the best media players around. Am not really an Android user but I love the GS7. It just seemed for a while that it was stagnating.

Philip

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi Eric

A few tips about the Primetime app and the Quick Guide. In order to get the Movies & shows to show up you must edit your channel listings. From TV mode click Menu then Edit Channel List. The guide is ratings intuitive. For example, if you give a news show 5 stars then the next time you bring up the guide the show will appear at the head of the row. When starting out you may need to go into the Primetime App and under Options>Quick Guide, check the Guide key. Now when you click guide once the Quick Guide should appear. Also you can click Guide twice and the cable guide will appear. You can click twice for each function in the cable guide.

If your edited channels fail to appear go to Primetime>Options>Personalization>Select Acct, and click on your e-mail address and hit back. This should refresh the app and you should now see all your channels.

HTH

Carl

6. jonw747

jonw747 Well-Known Member

Can't say there's another GTV device I'd rather have, but something with a significantly faster processor or more RAM would be an instant contender. GTV desperately needs the "Project Butter" treatment.