Quantcast

Just purchased Revue

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by vetvito, Oct 6, 2011.

1. vetvito

vetvito New Member

..... I must say I'm in love.

First off I just purchased it 4 days ago. I saw someone on Google plus talking about taking theirs back. I tried to purchase it from him, but he let me know they're only $99 at Best Buy. I mean we all should know that nothing at Best Buy is a best buy, however this is a great deal.

Secondly, I have Comcast. I didn't know that the HDMI port didn't work on my cable box. So I set up the Revue without the cable box.

Played around with it, then was bored with it. So I rushed to Comcast to swap out boxes for one that has a working HDMI port.

Got home, hooked it up, and its beyond amazing. The Revue + Cable box is a pure winner for me. Oh my gosh, finally I don't have to use Comcasts hideous menu's and guide!

When me and my buddies are arguing about something or my lady wants to watch a new video I can instantly pull it up. I don't have to switch inputs!

The remote; priceless. Enough said. I would've paid $99 for the remote alone, Google TV is just the icing on the cake.

Another thing, I was considering building a HTPC for my living room. I was using my Xbox to stream my movies but I wanted more, and the Xbox is horrendously slow when using WMC. I was looking to spend around $600, but this Revue has me spoiled now.

I just read about the HC update, sounds nice. I'm willing to bet it wont be released until Ice Cream is available for other devices. Not a moment sooner.

Sorry for the rant and crazy sentences, I'm typing this on my phone.

One more thing, I don't know if its the GTV or because I swapped cable boxes, but I'm getting all the Premium channels on Comcast now. I mean all of them except the PPV channels. I pay $57($30 is for the internet alone) per month for cable + internet, so I know this isn't right. I'm not complaining though.

Off to watch HBO, starz, cinemax.... hahaha

• Like Like x 2
  2. valkyr

valkyr New Member

If you swapped cable boxes, that's why you're getting those channels. Sounds like Comcast hasn't reprovisioned your box yet - maybe they won't, but I wouldn't count on it :)

3. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

Hello vetvito, and welcome to our forum..

It sounds like you may get away with it for a time maybe...
    Would be great if they never seen that..Bu, in all likelihood,
    I am sure they will catch up to you sooner than you would like..

Scott

4. vetvito

vetvito New Member

Fingers crossed every morning. No biggie though. I can always stream movies from my desktop.