Quantcast

Just got the Revue and want to set up to stb and magnavox dvr mdr513h

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by snarly883, May 15, 2012.

1. snarly883

snarly883 New Member

Hi,
    New to this group and just got a logitech revue.
    My initial goal was to get set up with out cable box for use when my kids take over the main tv.
    i got the magnavox dvr model mdr513h to be able to record programs and also make dvds for the kids to watch as well.

I am not sure if this is how to set up the system under the following goals

1. internet connection to stand alone hd tv....i think i can just plug the revue into it via hdmi and will have access via wifi

2. stb direct to revue and then to tv - this seems fairly straight forward and the value should be cable with internet.

3. Goal 3 is to use the magnavox dvr to record programs at scheduled times - not sure how to do this. STB to revue to dvr to tv? :confused:

Any suggestions / comments greatly appreciated!

Chris in Jersey City

2. madman999

madman999 Member

The first 2 scenarios will work without a problem. Revue can be connected to tv and network with or without a set to box.

As for recording to the dvr, does your dvr have hdmi in and out ports? Don't know if it will intergrate with the stb because that's probably the source for your video. You might only be able to record in "dumb" vcr mode-set the timers on each box separately and have the simply record whatever is currently playing on the stb.

What I mean I'd the features of a full featured dvr are schedule data and an ir blaster to change channels on the stb. If you don't have these, then you will only be able to record whatever is playing on the stb with out bring able to control it.

Goodluck!

Sent from my Htc Incredible via tapatalk....