Quantcast

Just got Sony NSZ-GT1 and it doesn't work!

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by gesher, Aug 25, 2012.

1. gesher

gesher New Member

Hi all,

I just rescued a Sony NSZ-GT1 from being thrown away by some philistines who have no appreciation for fine electronics.

I took it back home, plugged it in, connected it by HDMI to my television and by ethernet to my router, and got an empty black screen.

Then I removed the power, plugged it back in and still got the empty black screen.

Then I followed a hunch and removed the power and plugged it back in holding the power button, and got a fuzzy red screen with the Sony logo for less than a minute, followed by black screen.

Then I let it sit for a while, and the screen randomly changed to purple, and eventually back to black, except now it says "Not Support." (It doesn't say "not supported," it says "not support.")

I am sure I can get this fantastic gadget working again, but I need help from some experts. Please, experts, tell me what to do.

Thank you!

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Sounds like they may have tried rooting it and bricked it , either that or the messed it up and could not fix it and hence why they threw it away .

• Like Like x 2
  3. gesher

gesher New Member

How can I un-root or un-brick it?

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

A time machine and some quantum gel should allow you to travel back in time and prevent the bricking but unbricking is much more difficult. Do you have the remote and does it do anything if hitting the home key or any other key?

• Like Like x 2
  5. gesher

gesher New Member

I do have the remote and just put batteries in it. Pressing the keys doesn't work.

6. ColmARocK

ColmARocK New Member

I know sony added the (nszgs7)os online for download and install via usb. I dont know for the older models. I would try to put it on an usb stick and reboot the device, i know there is a combinaton of key to force the usb update while booting but Im not sure of which keys but you will find them on gtv hacker forum. Goog luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk