Quantcast

Just got my brand new 46inch NSX couple nights ago

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by jmroszczak, Apr 10, 2012.

1. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

MY goodness i am in love with this tv...i think i got the last one best buy is selling ever because once i bought it the next couple of days later they took down the entire line of sony google tv's. Anyways WOW this tv is so fun!!!:p its just like having a computer plugged into the tv...in terms of internet you can basically do anything you normally would do on a computer...at least what i would do...as for the picture settings i am still tinkering with it ...its not as great as my 60inch DLP but its still very good(i knew that this wasnt Sonys High end panel)

First night i got it i was chatting with a friend on IMO and on the PIP was live tv ...where i was watching Golden GIRLS...how many tv's can do that?? :rolleyes:

Oh and tonight i was watching WWE Raw and keeping up with the live twitter feeds at same time...sweeeet!

P.S I POST here at the avsforum alot when ever i buy a new tv... surprisingly not many posters for the offcial NSX owners thread...anyways maybe some of you owners would like to join me and we can share picture settings and what not.
    ok i cant post links cos i dont have 10 posts yet so just google NSX-DDGT1 its first link that comes up

2. 1fatfrog

1fatfrog New Member

I have a 40" Sony and I am super happy about it. every time I use it, i like it more. I just wish there were more apps like native HuluPlus. I bought a Sony Blu-ray player (not google powered) and I watch Hulu on that... Sony really hit a home run with this run of TV's, and the new Google TV UI is excellent.

3. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I'm glad that you enjoy your Sony GTV - However in an economic sense it wasn't a home run. In fact I'd call it a bust - as Sony lost money on their GTVs and they have all been discontinued. In the future Sony plans to have a new GTV set-top box and blu-ray player - but they scrapped plans for any future televisions wth GTV baked in.

4. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Y'know I've heard this said, but I really don't think it is either fair or accurate. I can confidently say that me getting this TV and this TV for me is a DEFINITE Home-run... Sony losing money on it doesn't affect it being a homerun.

The TV unfortunately had a bad start and never recovered from that... and the trash talk and bad publicity came fast and furious... regardless I wish they really wudv stuck with it cuz this TV is TOTALLY awesome! I'm just hoping that they continue to service us, who already have the current hardware.

5. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Great. The important thing is that it's a homerun for you. I personally haven't tried the Sony devices - so I can't really comment much based on personal experience with it. I like my Revue - although it's not perfect. I've stated in other threads that I feel Google is going about marketing the GTV devices improperly.

Whether it's "fair" or not is up to a personal opinion. However I'll stand by my post as being "accurate". The Sony TV's were a flop. Do you see them for sale anywhere in a store? That to me is the definition of an economic failure. The reasons can be debated - but facts are facts.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  6. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

this tv might have been a flop but i did a TON of research before i bought my smart tv...i wanted the best. I wanted a full web browser with flash and http 5. That was between samsung which is new to the full web browser game(i read it was very buggy) ...and Sony...the new sonys dont have google tv and they use opera as a browser...pfft. i wanted GTV. its the best. Far as im concerned this tv could be a Vizio..as long as it was backed by GTV i would have still bought it. btw can you imagine Vizio and GTV coming together with Vizio's sexy qwerty remote?:rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  7. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

i emailed sony support if they would continue to give us downloads/updates for the tv since its no longer being sold in stores and they replied with

Thank you for contacting Sony Support.

I understand your concern regarding the Updates for the Internet Television. Sony will provide the Update if the product is not available for purchase in the market. Once the Sony product is released, the update will be provided. If any update is available, it will be posted in our support website. Please bookmark the link provided below and check periodically, if any update is released.

• Like Like x 2
  8. odsamuels

odsamuels New Member

Thanks dude... soon as you can remember to post the link.

9. jmroszczak

jmroszczak New Member

oh you dont need the link it just takes you to the sony site where you can download updates and manuals for the tv...but you will still continue to get the updates through the wifi built into the tv or how ever you have it setup to the internet.