Quantcast

just got an LG 42" GTV - need help with TiVo

Discussion in 'LG Internet TV' started by joemama, Jun 30, 2013.

1. joemama

joemama New Member

hi ya all - newbie here...

Just got a new 42" LG Google TV (GA6400) - and went to connect it to my TivoHD box from my cable co, RCN - however they dont seem to integrate fully - any recommendations or tips?

I cnat view the Tivo guide with the LG remote, though I could view the guide on a Motorola converter box, but no DVR on the Motorola...

Also any suggestions as to which DVR's best fully integrate with LG GTV's?

thanks!

joe

2. Fomol620

Fomol620 Active Member

Dish Network DVR's have the best integration. the only difference between a Dish Network and any other DVR is that you can search the internal DVR on certain Dish network DVR's but you cannot in any other DVR.

3. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I don't have an LG Google TV but with the models I do own, it is easy to access the TiVo channel guide and now playing list using the Google TV remote. When in the TV app, just hit menu, then guide for guide and DVR for now playing list. As mentioned, only Dish Network has the deep integration with DVRs and Google TV, allowing access to recorded programs with searches. I can live with how Google TV is integrated with TiVo personally.

4. Peteo

Peteo Member

I have 47 GA6400 and a tivo and RCN. You need to set up the IR blaster and then you tell the google tv that you have RCN digital cable, with a tivo box.

if you double click the guide button on the remote it will go to the tivo full guide (this can also be set to a single click) if you click the scroll wheel on the remote it will bring up tivos mini menu..

5. lmbebo

lmbebo New Member

How does one configure the remote setup in a LG google tv. I can't find any setting that would allow me to configure it. I guess the only thing I could do is rerun the setup, but that seems silly.

I'm ok with some of the integration of the google tv remote for controlling my tivo with IR blaster. But 2 big issues I have are:

1) I can't pull up the tv guide. It will pull up movies that are playing, drama, etc. But not the tv guide that tivo has. -- big problem for me.
    2) I have a tivo HD with 2 feeds. I can't switch between them. Any ideas?

6. Peteo

Peteo Member

You have to set up the TV for tivo, this is set up per input, IR blaster settings (video of this menu go to :20) Once you do that you can hit the guide button 2 times on the remote to bring up full tivo guide (this can be changed to 1 button push) you can also click on scroll wheel (its also a button) and it will bring up the mini tivo guide
    not sure what you mean by 2 feeds.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
  7. lmbebo

lmbebo New Member

Its the Live Feed button. I have a multi stream tivo. So I can switch between 2 inputs.

I've tried to edit the buttons so that 1 button can enable the tivo guide. Hitting the guide button twice has never worked for me..

Appreciate the response.