Quantcast

just got a revu, have some questions

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by nocable, Nov 27, 2011.

1. nocable

nocable New Member

I just got a revu, $99 seemed cheap enough to give a try.
    The revu updated when I set it up, so I assume its current.
    I cant find were to get the system version or I would post it.

I already have Play on and can see it as a media server from the revu, but I cant play anything all folder are empty.
    Any ideas, I want to play hulu on google tv.

Is there a way to download apps from the market place?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You would go to GTV Settings > About > Version & Build Number. Currently the Revue only has Android 2.1-update 1 version of Google TV. The last offical update was KA1X-20110620.164503.user-b54202 and was built on June 20th, 2011.

Instead of using the Logitech Media Player, use chrome and connect to g.playon.tv and you'll be able to use the PlayOn server installed on your PC. The problem with the DLNA server of PlayOn is that they did not create a specific profile for it. So, it is not presenting the Logitech Media Player with compatible media.

Yes, you could install the developer's leak. However, that will void your warranty and prevent you from obtaining the official public OTA release.

3. ertore

ertore New Member

Thats right but for those that want better solution than playon.tv and love TV Shows i got the solution. Just send me and email to ertore gmail.com and i would send you the links. I cant now cause i dont have still 10 post.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Email sent.

5. ertore

ertore New Member

Already reply to all that people sent me the email. Hope you like these sites as i do and when i get more stuff i'll let you know.

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

At first, I was skeptical and thought you may just send me more spam about unotelly. That's why I sent you the email through Yahoo's disposable email addresses. Thanks for the response though, I was pleasantly surprised. I just wanted to share your email with everyone. No sense in keeping it "private".

Thanks for the links though. I've seen a couple of those sites before in the Project Free TV thread and actively avoid them, but thought I'd share the links in case anyone was curious. Thanks again!

• Like Like x 2
  7. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I signed up for Unotelly because I was curious to see if it would work with my Revue (without a computer). Seems totally useless to me. Am I missing something?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I don't know. I'm afraid of using unscrupulous websites like that. Usually those type of sites will abuse email addresses or account credentials and they often include some form trojan or other malware inside their "client software". That's why I try and stick with legitimate sites and try to stay away from "the wrong side of the tracks". Besides, these sites are obviously ripping off the content creators and distributors by not paying for licensing or distribution fees. That's only going to make the creators and distributors less acceptable to support their content legitimately on the internet. "Un"Fortunately, I was raised to adhere a strict form of ethics and ripping people off goes against many tenants.

9. ertore

ertore New Member

You need to change your router dns for their dns and login before go to pandora.com or other sites they have in the free area. I just use unotelly for pandora on my revue and in the computer spotify.

10. ertore

ertore New Member

Your right. This is a contribution for TV Shows Lovers like me and movie lovers. I'm trying other sites for tv programs but not posting anything until test and think are good to share.

11. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I would recommend contributing to the http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/google-tv-general-discussion/297-project-free-tv.html thread instead of diverting other people's topics. It's a little rude jumping into random threads to proliferate your off-topic contributions.