Quantcast

Just For Streaming!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by overtimeman, Apr 17, 2013.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

2. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

The Roku 3 is sure getting rave reviews. I am not seeing the slow menu performance with the previous Roku models the reviewer refers to but the new box has a much better processor so I don't doubt there are some performance improvements.

3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

I purchased the Roku2XS on black Friday of last year and the blame Vudu app NEVER has worked right on it.The Roku3 still doesn't have a youtube app in it's lineup.I have Vudu on my Blu Ray player but Vudu and Roku keeps passing the blame back and forth.Still use the Sony more than my Roku.I hope they keep the browser up to date!

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I use Google TV much more than I use Roku although both Roku models I own work great. I believe the reason the previous Roku models don't have YouTube is the processing power is inadequate for anything other than very rudimentary access, the Roku 3 should be able to handle a nice YouTube app. I didn't think the previous Roku models would get Vudu for the same reason but Roku managed a pretty good Vudu app and ability to play the streams so who knows, maybe Roku is working on YouTube for some or all models and we might see something in the not too distant future.