Quantcast

Jugoolo Justin.tv for GoogleTV

Discussion in 'Google TV Apps' started by gamegiants, Feb 13, 2011.

1. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

Since there is nothing to watch on GoogleTV once your free trial of netflix runs out many GoogleTV owners like to browse Justin.tv..... The only problem is that the Justin.tv navigation really sucks on GoogleTV. So this weekend I created Jugoolo.com.

Here are some hints:

The feed is cached locally so every 5 minutes or so hit one of the menu buttons to reload
    The control pad works to move but using the trackpad and button works better (you'll see)
    There is a carousel at the bottom click on the arrows or use "up" to activate it
    As with browsing the mouse and button work better on the carousel

I have not tested this on many size screens or GoogleTVs besides the Revue.... I am worried what happens on giant screens : ) Let me know what you think I can be reached at gamegiants (at) gmail.com

Try it out!

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011
  2. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

Rolled out an update to Jugoolo today:

-fixed cache issue which resulted in missing images
    -fixed image scaling issue in 1080p
    -increased the number of preloaded images

Try it out! if you find any issues let us know at gamegiants (at) gmail.com

3. rajesh78

rajesh78 New Member

thanks site works well in pc, hv to chk it out in mt gtv next week.

4. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

waste of time. justintv is better on its own.

5. sjmcreedy

sjmcreedy New Member

Maybe if you are using it from a PC, but it is clearly just for GoogleTV! From a Logitech Revue it is sooooooooooo much better. JustinTV is a pain to navigate on GoogleTV. I don't like having to go to their main page, hit the explore button, then fight with their pull down menus to get where I want to go. Once I get to the categories I can't tell what is on the channels. The pictures are too small to see from the couch. Jugoolo has the nice button bar I can go quickly to the category I want, and the previews are really big. I can do this while sitting on my couch 12 feet away and see clearly! The video opens full screen with no annoying video ads or chat! The justinTV interface just does not cut it for GoogleTV.

6. onemorecast

onemorecast New Member

It is not sooooo much better. I did try it with my revue and not on a pc. It might look okay on a smaller pc screen, but on my tv in my living room it does not. Justintv, veetle, iviewtube and others all work okay. I have been adding websites that have full episodes of their own programming to my queue. Hopefully the dispute with hulu will be resolved soon. When my dishnetwork contract runs out I will try gtv on its own. Those of us that jumped on the bandwagon early will have to be patient. Hopefully android apps will come soon, and lots of other web content, and make satellite and cable irrelevant. They have been ripping us off for years.

7. jTV

jTV New Member

Muuuuuuch better. thanks giant!!

8. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

You may have noticed over the past 3 weeks that we were only able to show a maximum of 20 streams per category on jugoolo.com. This was caused by a bug in a recent upgrade on Justin.tv's end. They have resolved the bug and we are back up to a maximum of 100 streams per category. You may also find any stream available on Justin.tv by using the search box on jugoolo.com.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011
  9. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

Pushed some updates over the last week. If you just picked up a GTV and are wondering what to watch come try out jugoolo!

10. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

GoogleTV is rolling out it's update next week (market finally on GoogleTV!) and I thought I would make an apk for jugoolo.com... Jugoolo is a GoogleTV client for justinTV. I thought I would also roll one for my favorite new device the cmtouchpad while I was at it. Will post the GTV one after I get the update on my revue : )

11. gamegiants

gamegiants New Member

You can find the cmtouchpad apk at our the main jugoolo url /jugoolo.apk