Quantcast

ITunes?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by cathys, Nov 16, 2011.

1. cathys

cathys New Member

Any way to get my daughters IPhone to play music on the Sony internet TV (and therefore through the receiver)?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Well, not through iTunes since Apple uses proprietary technology for that, and they do not have an app on the Google Android Marketplace. However, the Sony Internet TV comes with a Media Player which is a DLNA client. So, you could download one of the DLNA apps in Apple's App Store to share music store from the iPhone.

I personally use media:connect which allows me not only to share audio and video from my iPhone and iPad but it also allows me to push content to play on the Sony Internet TV. The only caveat is that the format of the content needs to be natively compatible with Google TV otherwise it cannot play.

3. cathys

cathys New Member

All of this new information is making me feel really out of touch...but thank you. So now, because I am apparently old, is it safe or does it allow open access to our network?

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad I could help. It should be safe all its doing is creating a DLNA connection between the server/client. Depending on which role is your device is presently being used. Just keep the software up-to-date on iTunes and you should be fine.