Quantcast

its pretty freaking cool... chromecast..

Discussion in 'Google Chromecast' started by Scuzzo, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

it seems to work just as advertised,, mine came today.. 35 bucks with 3 month of netflix... and its about the most polished netflix experience i have seen... the app just throws a request to chromcast to pull the information from the netflix servers... but that app is so much more polished then the GTV version of net flix, the scope is much much wider... its better organized content.. its just a better android experience, use android to choose what you want to see and send the request to chromecast.. easy... but i also think that the end product seems to be better.. i watched a few shows for test.. and the resolution seems to be a bit more defined and sharper... might be placebo.. who knows? if this thing gets legs and is adopted by all those cool android apps... well it sure is worth 35 bucks just to see where this all goes...

still trying to figure out if i can fling a chrome tab from my andoid tablet to the chrome cast... im not sure its possible.. but right now im happy with the netflix and youtube experience...
    it may not do all the things that gtv will... its about the most refined experience with the few things it will do out of the box... i do hope this comes to google tv... because the netflix experience alone will sell it
    and hulu, and hbo,, if gtv is not given chromecast abilities with the next updates... i dont see GTV ever getting this kinda momentum.... im not sure i would be that compelled to buy a gtv after seeing where this stuff is headed.... its such a clean solution..

• Like Like x 4
  2. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

agree, PQ is great! (cause it's baked in the CPU, i guess)

only via PC (not sure that will change)

it is ...! Obviously, Google starting to take apps seriously...

Enjoy it ... :)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  3. Scuzzo

Scuzzo Active Member

dang!! this is still pretty freaking cool.. it is such a polished tablet experience.. for 35 bucks... net flix should just bundle these with a half a year sub or some thing... these are the best movie viewing experience i have found..
    this includes XBMC and Plex.... and its so so much better then Google TVs soultion to netflix... i hate that interface but if on the next update they can offer this second screen tablet kinda option... im pretty sure google just might take off in the right way... they need to add this chromecast feature to the android web browser though.. 35 bucks??