Quantcast

Issues with Media Player in GTV2.0

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by dec3ption, Nov 2, 2011.

1. dec3ption

dec3ption New Member

Since getting the update, I am having issues with some files (XviD) I'm trying to stream from my DLNA server. They have a pretty significant delay in the audio and I can't figure out why... They played fine before the update, and seem to be identical in encoding to some files that play without any problems. Anyone else have this issue?

2. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

install the aVia media player app from market. It's brilliant, a lot better than the stock media player app which was awfully slow and streaming was pretty laggy as well.

3. drhill

drhill Member

I installed aVia and quickly uninstalled. It didn't see any files, it was slow, and it wasn't pretty. I had the exact opposite experience as you.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I could only see files from the local USB storage. It couldn't recognize Twonky Multimedia or TVserity DLNA servers. But, it did have an interesting option to enable it as a DLNA server. Unfortunately, it wasn't recognized by any of my DLNA devices. LOL.

5. shane.smith

shane.smith New Member

Weird, i use TVserity DLNA as well and it was able to recognize it, it also recognized my Windows Media Player server. Maybe you just need a refresh or scan for devices?

6. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Did that multiple times. Even tried reinstalling. I gave up on it and uninstalled it altogether. Besides, I didn't like the interface it was too much like a blown up phone/tablet UI.

7. drhill

drhill Member

100% agree with you eferz.

8. slydog75

slydog75 New Member

Yeah I'm having the exact same problem with Avia here on my Sony box. Refuses to see any of the many media servers on my network.

9. les anderson

les anderson New Member

GTVbox is in the market and seems to handle most codecs. Most importantly, you can mount a network drive through it and avoid using DLNA. It has been rock solid and super fast over the last 24 hours. It is $1.99 but I believe it can be found in the gtvhackers dropbox account.

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

It isn't handling any more or less codec or container compatibilities than built-in Media Player. The real benefit is being able to stream from a file server share. It avoids any streaming and transcoding issues due to an misconfigured client profile(s) on the DLNA server.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2011