Quantcast

issues or headach with the new update.

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by kavaja, Nov 3, 2011.

1. kavaja

kavaja New Member

Here is a list of issues I have with the update so far. I do hope google will fix them quick.

annoying search pop up when mouse goes to top of screen- I am ready to go postal now every time it comes up

netflix, the new layout is way worse and less friendly than before, in fact it is as bad as the xbox layout, which sucks.

fire place app that has other views, like the big aquaium . it freezes up on all views except for the fire place.

speaking of apps, before they are offered to the consumers, make sure they work, I.E. the weather app.

bookmark, before the update was vary useful, now you can only use it in crome. And you can't delete any bookmarks and they added bunch that I don't care for and that makes a pain to use.

quick launch on the home page is only for widgets, that sucks because I want to quick launch my favorit apps. now I have to go into the app folder and look for it, and when you have a lot of apps, it becomes a pain.

and I can go on, I will wait till later.

2. towboy123

towboy123 New Member

You can sync your bookmarks with your chrome bookmarks

3. futureboy

futureboy New Member

The pop up is the address bar.

For editing things always think of long button presses.

To remove a bookmark select the bookmark and do a long button press with the round "enter" button on the keypad.

Customization of the Home Menu is possible. Try using the menu key when selecting the Home screen. There you can select "Customize home items" and then you can replace one of the apps on the bottom with your preferred apps.

4. kavaja

kavaja New Member

thanks for the help with deleting the book mark. but as to the address bar, i knew it was a address bar, I called it a popup, because that what it does. as to customizing the quick launch, you cant add apps only widgets at least thats all it is letting me do.

5. gtv_brown

gtv_brown New Member

6. kavaja

kavaja New Member

I am sorry goole tv help is not helpfull on these things.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You can't "add" apps but you can exchange the present apps on the bar. The problem is that the bar has a fixed number of icons which it supports. So, you have to replace one of the ones that you don't use commonly with something that you intend to use often.

8. kavaja

kavaja New Member

I finally figured how to replace the apps, from the looks of customize setup of the quick lunch, I saw add widget and assume thats what you would click on, but no you have to high light the app you want to replace and select it. that was easy

but with no instructions it is very flustating to figur it out. and I thought I was a tech head untill this. can someone in google make a manuale with all this info on how to this stuff. and if you have give to someone that has never use google tv and see how easy they understand it. some of the answers I recieved was not well explain.

Heck if you need some one to write one hire me I once wrote a assembly manual that had 1500 pages, I wrote so that everyone could understand it, not just those that work on it all the time.