Quantcast

[ISSUE] Remote Works Sporadically

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by Kiko1980, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Kiko1980

Kiko1980 New Member

When I try to use the provided remote for my Sony Google TV it works sporadically. I will be hitting a key (volume, channel, etc) and will only sometimes register the key presses. When I use my Logitech Harmony One remote there is no lag or issues, so I know it is not the TV but the communication from the remote to the TV. I have tried pairing the remote with the TV several times but still have the same issue. I think it has to do with living in an apartment complex and getting interferance from the neighbors. Anyone have a fix for this?

THANKS!

2. GTV Daniel

GTV Daniel New Member

3. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

The known issue is delay...where you will hit something and it won't register so you hit it again and again and then start hitting other buttons until eventually it catches up and it does everything you just did in a sequence. It's REALLY annoying. And the especially irritating thing is, the pointer will move flawlessly while this is happening! So it's not the remote connection.

4. Kiko1980

Kiko1980 New Member

In my case, the keys don't have a delay. I will try multiple buttons but they will not work sometimes, yet those same buttons work at other times. I am thinking interferance from either cordless phones or wireless networks since I am in an apartment complex. It is very frustrating.

5. daddypants

daddypants New Member

mine do the same thing, it drives my wife nuts. does the fn+enter method ever actually work for anyone? it needs a new driver asap.