Quantcast

Is There a Way To Get To The Regular Web Version of Blip.tv?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Jul 14, 2011.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I hadn't been to the Google TV version of blip.tv in a few months. Tonight I first went to the regular web version of blip.tv and it's very good with a lot of content. Then I went to the Google TV version to see how that worked. Let me tell you the Google TV version is a clunky scaled down version of Blip.tv with far less content. To top it off that wheel in the middle of the video keeps spinning the entire time in the Google TV version. Earlier I had played a video flawlessly on the web version. Now I am unable to go to the regular web version anymore. Everything I try just automatically sends me to the cra@#$% Google TV version. I tried setting my browser on Generic but that didn't work. I also tried a soft reboot to no avail. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to get to the regular web version of blip.tv?

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Go to Google chrome and pull up the user settings and clear all your cookies. Then while in chrome, do a web search for blip.tv and click it and you should have the normal version of blip.tv . Bookmark it as if you use the spotlighted blip.tv , you'll have to do all the above over again to get the web version back again.

3. CatfishRivers

Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I want to go through the hassle of clearing my cookies because I'm registered and signed in to a lot of web sites - clearing my cookies would mean I would need to log-in from scratch on ALL the web sites I belong too. I wonder if this is Google's suggestion to make it very difficult to access web versions (when Google TV versions exist) - or if this is the doing of just the webmasters. I notice that several Google TV sites in spotlight make it a hassle to get to the regular web version including CNN. This is very presumptuous on their part as IMO most of these Google TV sites are inferior to the web versions (and some just outright suck pretty bad). This isn't suppose to be like communist China where we are dictated to which version of a site we can or cannot go to. In any event I sent the following email to Blip.tv last night and I'm waiting to see if I get a response:

"Hello. I'm on Google TV but I much prefer the regular web version of Blip.tv. However, no matter what I try on my Google TV I am unable to access the regular web version - and instead I'm automatically sent to the Google TV version. I find the Google TV version to be inferior so I don't like being 'forced' to that version without having the option to go to the regular web version. Is there a way for me to access the regular web version from Google TV? Any help would be appreciated. Regards, --Jack"

4. CatfishRivers

• Like Like x 2
  5. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

Thumbs up for that Fix !!! :)