Quantcast

Is there a Browser Recording App?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by zen2go, Jun 20, 2012.

1. zen2go

zen2go New Member

I tried doing a search but couldn't find the answer. Is there an app that can capture streaming video like what's available for the PC (e.g. WM Recorder)?

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I don't believe there is any (legal) way to record streaming videos on GTV. However there is supposedly a way to download a video file to a USB drive. This was discussed previously in the following thread:

http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...ming-via-internet-sony-googletv-recorded.html

Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  3. markart1

markart1 New Member

There is an app called PLAYLATER which you can use it in Google TV to record streaming videos. With this software you can record it legally also as the issue of recording video for your personal use (time shifting or watching when you want) was ruled on by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1984 that ended with the Betamax decision. But the recording must be for personal use. Moreover you can use PLAYLATER software to record videos from YouTube, Netflix, Hulu etc.

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I use PlayLater with a PC, not possible with Google TV as far as I know. You can then use Google TV as a DLNA client and playback video recorded on the PC but without trick play features so I mostly just use the PC to play back recordings although I do use Google TV some. I believe what is being requested is an app to record or download directly using Google TV to internal storage or an attached USB drive.