Quantcast

Is the market getting slow for updating/downloading?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by mdovell, Apr 11, 2012.

1. mdovell

mdovell New Member

I get notifications ever now and then for programs that need to be updated (file manager, redux, that twitter thing for google tv etc) All I have it saying is "It will be updated shortly" and then it doesn't seem to happen. I removed redux and now it appears I cannot download it again :mad::mad:

It seems to me that dropbox works much faster than the market...also in removing it is much faster to just hold delete to remove it...

I want my redux back! Any idea on how to do it :confused:

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

This happens to me from time to time. When it happens I refresh the page From Google Play and then give it another try. It usually works for me on that second try.....

3. Bielefeld

Bielefeld New Member

So I know these were posted a while ago however I have run into a similar problem. I can't seem to update the Google TV's market! I assume that this update is to change it to google play however it has never updated. Anyone run into this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

It would help to know which unit you are using. On the Logitech Revue a common problem is the old version conflicts w/many updates. In other words the old version is not being dropped so you may have both versions. Go to Home Settings> System Settings>Applications>Manage Applications and look for "Google Play Store." Click on that and you should see "Uninstall Updates." Uninstall and Restart the unit. This should work for any unit you are using, but my hands on experience is only w/the Logitech Revue.

Carl

5. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't think Google Play is getting any slower. I think there is a problem w/how our units are caching the page. While most Apps will load immediately, there are times when an App will stall (Installing...) Catfish is right. Ya gotta leave the page. Staying on the page is counter-productive as it will only take longer to install the troublesome App ,if it installs at all.

If an App hasn't installed in a few seconds, leave the page or reload. I just back out and go back. The App almost always says "Install." Which it immediately does the 2nd time around.. On weekends the market itself may be at fault. If this is the case, then the App usually shows up later. But I've never found the need to resynch my acct or Restart my unit. And I'd never recommend a factory reset to install Apps or update the market.

Carl