Quantcast

Is Netgear Plannng To Launch a New GTV Set-Top Box?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by CatfishRivers, Apr 21, 2014.

1. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I noticed today on Amazon that they have the Netgear GTV box listed as the "Old Model".

This is something new because I look at the Google TV boxes on Amazon frequently - and today is the first time I've seen it referred to as the "Old Model". Of course if that is the old model - the inference is that a new model is available or coming in the future. There are currently no links on Amazon for a new model - so I'm thinking that perhaps Amazon received word that a new model is 'in the pipeline'. If there is a new GTV box by Netgear I imagine it will come with the Marvell Armada 1500 Plus chip and be preloaded with the GTV Jellybean software.

Amazon.com: NETGEAR NeoTV Prime with Google TV Streaming Player (GTV100) (Old Model): Electronics

**NETGEAR NeoTV Prime with Google TV Streaming Player (GTV100) (Old Model)**

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 2
  2. CatfishRivers

3. Travel

Travel Active Member

I found it on a search, as neither link worked.

Did NETGEAR have one and two generation boxes? Or did it come with a "voice search" remote on "later" models as with the GS7 to GS8, and that could explain the reference to "old model"?

4. CatfishRivers

To the best of my knowledge there has only been one Netgear GTV box. It's considered a second generation GTV box and it has the same chip as all the other second generation GTV boxes (the Marvell Armada 1500). The remote has a mic but I'm not sure if it works for the voice search. The official model # is: Netgear GTV100- 100NAS. Here's the link for it on the Netgear web site:

GTV100 | Streaming Players | Connected Entertainment | Home | NETGEAR

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  5. Travel

Travel Active Member

I did look through the various sales outlets for Netgear boxes, and also could only find that one model number.