Quantcast

Is my revue dead???

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by lotus, Jun 1, 2012.

1. lotus

lotus New Member

I hope not. I've only had it six months, and I lost the reciept:( Worst of all, I love my revue! It had been working perfectly up until this afternoon. I am kind of computer illiterate, so I hope you understand when I try to explain what is happening.
    I was watching a movie on hulu (via playon) when the phone rang, I was away from the tv about 20 min (didn't pause the video or anything) when I came back the movie was off and had reverted back to the title page- I thought how odd, it wasn't over as it was a 2 hr movie and it just started when I went to answer the phone- anyway I went to restart it and just got a blank white screen- checked google, netflix, youtube, can't get anything, after 30 seconds message says activity in xxxx not responding, even live tv does not work, with the keyboard or the stb remote. Rebooted the revue dozens of times, checked cables etc. Finally disconnected the revue from tv to see if it really was the revue box, tv operated with the stb remote then. I also tried to reenter my setup, deleted my stb info,and went to enter it manually, but it won't let me, says activity in google epg not responding....At first when I tried to add it and it was verifying the input, I got a tv signal so I went to next, thats where I got the epg error thing. Anyone know what is going on? I haven't got a clue.
    Thanks for the advice.

Barbara

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need to do a full factory reset. This is done by pushing the button on the back of the Revue (push and hold for approximately 40 seconds).

3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Also, try to Reboot Modem/Router - for how to? click here

Btw, Do you have a digital phone service device built-in/connected to the Modem/Router? If you could post more info - click here.

4. lotus

lotus New Member

Yes, you were absolutely correct, that did it! Thank you. What do you think could've happened?

5. lotus

lotus New Member

The factory reset that Catfish suggested did it. I think there is a phone device in the modem/router, I have TimeWarner cable/phone/internet bundle, do you think the phone call caused this?

6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

See this tip. (With Voice-Modem...).

Anyway to make sure of it, next time this happened - try first to Reboot Modem/Router/Revue - for how to (follow these steps) - click here

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012