Quantcast

Is it possible to side load any games?

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by cdlaforc, Jul 21, 2013.

1. cdlaforc

cdlaforc New Member

Hello,
    I just bought my Vizio Co Star and have done a bit of searching and playing around. I was hoping that there would be more games available, and have tried to side load a few(Family Feud Friends and Family, Pinball Arcade, Angry Birds, etc..), but haven't had any luck. The games install but then when I try to run them I get the error that "The process has stopped unexpectedly". Has anyone had any luck side loading games, and if so which games?
    Thanks,

Chris.

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

After the GTV Jellybean update there will be a lot more apps & games compatible with GTV. The GTV Jellybean update is due out in the third quarter.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Latenter

Latenter New Member

Catfish is right. At the moment, there are a few games that will work on GoogleTV devices, but most will not. The reason for this is that GoogleTV doesn't currently support the Android NDK (native development kit) that allows more for more efficient code needed for graphics intensive games, because it's technically a forked version of Android to add a somewhat bastardized version of Chrome before it was available on Android in general as well as some TV features. At the last Google IO conference, Google announced that it was bringing GoogleTV back to the main Android branch, meaning that future updates will be based on Android 4.2 and should get full NDK support. This will also be great news for other reasons, because of the other more advanced apps that would require it (like XBMC) should be able to run. As far ad when that update will be available, I don't think Vizio has announced anything yet.

• Like Like x 4