Quantcast

Is it possible to make the wallpaper on Google TV 2.0 brighter?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by BurstingVeins, Dec 12, 2011.

1. BurstingVeins

BurstingVeins New Member

Is there any known way to make the wallpapers to not be covered by a semi-translucent black homescreen without the use of a launcher app? I can't find any official information on it anywhere, and what I have found is just people saying use a launcher, but I wanted to see if anyone knew a proper way to do it. It seems pretty useless to even have a wallpaper since you can barely see it behind the overlay.

• Like Like x 2
  2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

3. vetvito

vetvito New Member

anyone know how to rename the app to keep from trying to overwrite the original .apk.

I have the apk, and I've been playing with the xmls and the few .pngs, however I can't install the .apk because it wants to overwrite the original. I opened the manifest.xml but I don't know which line to replace. I see the com.google.tv.launcher, but I don't know if Im to replace all of them or just one, or a few?? Any help would be appreciated.

4. BurstingVeins

BurstingVeins New Member

Ok, thanks for the answer. That's weird though, when I press home again it doesn't make the wallpaper show alone or make the menu disappear. If I could have it work like that other guy and have the wallpaper show up alone, that's pretty much what i'm looking for. I really just want that solution to set the tv to display only the wallpaper

From what I've found, launcher pro sucks for gtv in my opinion and has orientation and crashing issues, and the wallpapers show up too big because I guess they are supposed to be spanning all homescreens. But ADW works pretty nice even though I would rather have the shortcut bar on the bottom of the screen. The best replacement I found is an imitation honeycomb launcher that's meant for pre-honeycomb devices, but still works. I think it's called something like honeycomb homescreen or something. I'll have to check it when I get home if anyone wants to know exactly. It makes the desktop look like a native honeycomb tablet, which looks really nice, and is the easiest to use. The only downside is it pops up force close messages that don't seem to affect anything, and usually occur mostly when using chrome. The error is just labeled as the launcher process, but force close doesn't do anything noticeable, it's just annoying. I wish it allowed the tv play in the background too, which is another thing I don't really like about the launcher replacement.