Quantcast

Is Google TV Evil?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Continue to read Article here: Is Google TV Evil?

2. philmiami

philmiami New Member

You never has a sniffer on your network to watch how Google Instant queries every LETTER you type and always places the top paying websites at the top (in just 10 spaces) for you to see what they want you to see. Also how they track your ip address, geo-ip it (share your location) and can (within a degree of about 100% certainty) see your house from a Google map satellite/street view. So now you have to be careful of what you type, as this information is stored in Google's data farms and can be seen with a warrant from the police. So I never think my GTV is "secure" and I can surf the net like I can from my laptop or desktop. It's not really a 'open' system where I can put FireFox on it then all the add-ons to hide my net surfing (from Google as well as other web content providers) and NOT get targeted commercials (which I do not like anyway and can block them in FireFox) and those annoying pop ups, flash ads and the such because GTV is closed. So it can be 'evil' in one view and not in another. Everyone has their own views on everything.