Quantcast

Is Android 3.0 the Answer for Google TV?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by Rickaren, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Rickaren

Rickaren New Member Staff Member

Is Android 3.0 the Answer to Google TV’s Problems, or Is It Already Too Late?

12/27/2010

[​IMG]
    LINK: Is Android 3.0 the Answer to Google TV's Problems, or Is It Already Too Late? [OP-ED]

What do you think? I already have a big screen and it looks great on it?

2. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I don't understand this...there is nothing at all broken about it. The interface is fine to me...the only problem is the networks blocking all of its content and it not having the market open yet....so it's useage is very limited currently. I don't see that as being broken.

So far the only actual issue is the remote lag thing....which is really annoying and I hope it gets fixed soon.

3. srramalot

srramalot New Member

If I have to wait till February for an update, I'm going to be more then pissed. I still dont understand how the update process works. Does Google push an update to all devices? Are all these boxes and TVs running "Vanilla Android", or are they using UI enhancements and crap like HTC, Motorola, LG, and everyone else with the Android phones? This can cause HUGE problems down the line...

4. gentlefury

gentlefury New Member

I'm pretty sure everyone is using the base GTV layout...and Sony and Logitech added their own apps to it.

5. srramalot

srramalot New Member

I'm trying to find out...

6. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

These 'blogs' would wither and die if they didn't routinely re-hash every negative any time they 'publish' a story on any given topic. One of the reasons I detest their use as a 'news' source...no impartiality whatsoever, flimsy evidence, and a tendency to never retract inaccuracies make them prone to simple sensationalism, for which there is no lack of audience, it seems.