Quantcast

IR Blaster problem - help?

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by Rock Smash, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Rock Smash

Rock Smash New Member

I have the Sony Internet TV 46" and I'm trying to get the IR Blaster to see my Dish Network box and learn the codes so I can just use the Sony remote. When I hook it up, nothing happens. I page through code after code in the set up menu and it doesn't work. Then it asks me to enter my zip code and I get an error message and can't go on. So I'm stuck using two remotes - the Sony and the Dish Network. There is very little documentation with the TV. Anyone shed some light? Thanks.

2. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Camby IN---------------------------Sony 40" GTV
    The best way to fix your problem is to do a Factory data reset. Doing this will allow you to setup your Dish Network box. If you have a Gmail account then your Queue wont be lost, but your bookmarks will. To make sure your Queue are synced go to Settings-Accounts & Syncs, then click on your Gmail account and check the box. You also need to make sure your IR Blaster is pointing at the faceplate of your Dish Box remote censer, to be able to use your Sony remote. I had the same problem as you, because I set up my Sony 40" GTV then later installed my Comcast Box.

UPDATE: Click here to see my setup https://picasaweb.google.com/1001374...44487810937250

Hope this will help you out :)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  3. nmn529

nmn529 New Member

I am having this exact same issue with my Sony Internet TV and Xfinity (Comcast) Cisco cable box. The IR Blaster passes the test/shows a volume indicator, but I do not know how to apply this to changing the channels using only the Sony remote?

4. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

The Sony GTV comes with two IR blasters, run the wire on top of your cable box so the IR blaster is pointing at the remote sensor.

When you press any key on the Sony remote it will send a signal through the IR cable into the cable box mimicking the cable remote's IR.

UPDATE: Click here to see my setup https://picasaweb.google.com/100137465447595571910/DropBox#

Hope this makes sense :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  5. nmn529

nmn529 New Member

Hi Lucas,

Your picture link didn't work? I am unable/attempting to connect both my Comcast cable box and my Apple TV. I am sure it is simpler than what I am making it, but this is all new to me!

Nicole

6. lucas710

lucas710 New Member

Hey try clicking on the link now :)

7. tasticles

tasticles New Member

I have a 32inch Sony GoogleTV with motorola xfinity as the cable box.Where do you exactly place the two IR blaster cables on both the box and tv?

8. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

There are over twenty different models of the Motorola Xfinity cable boxes, exactly which one do you have? As for the television, the IR Blaster cable output is reference on the last page of your Quick Setup Guide. It seems that they are the jacks labeled "IR Blaster" on the back of your set, if it is like the 24" version then those jacks are black in color.

9. niamame

niamame New Member

So I had the same problem but finally figured it out. I tried all the different code combinations and one of them worked. Now however, I'm running into another problem. I still have to use two remote controls but only when I want to use the "record" button on my cabel box controller. For some reason, the four color buttons - yellow, red, blue, and green - do not work when I use the Google TV Remote. So if the option on my DVR asks me to confirm that I want to record a show by pressing the "yellow" button, I have to press it on the DVR controller and not on the GTV one. Does anyone have a solution for that?

10. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Nope, and this has been discussed a few times before, here is the thread which I shared my experience, "http://www.googletvforum.org/forum/...cientific-atlanta-dvr-cablebox.html#post12353". About the only thing that you can do is call up Sony Technical Support to demand that this be brought up to the developers in hope that it is address in a future patch. I personally gave up on the matter and went with a Tivo which is fully supported by Sony's IR Blaster codes, and as a bonus it saves me in paying for monthly DVR fees from the cable company.