Quantcast

IPTV - Video player

Discussion in 'Vizio Co-Star' started by stargoogly, Jun 29, 2015.

1. stargoogly

stargoogly New Member

Hello,

I got IPTV app installed on my Co-star. But couldn't find a compatible streaming video player.

Does anyone know a compatible video player and know where to find one?

Thanks

2. stargoogly

stargoogly New Member

Found this - ViMu Player for TV

Does anyone use it?

Thanks

3. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

as a former co-star owner,now that I have a new device..I think yes the co-star does have enough room to add on the Kodi player..go to the play market,get the Kodi app,download it..if it takes then good..then after that you'll see "addons"..from that point,get the "addon" for IPTV and there you go..that should do it

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

No version of XBMC or Kodi has been designed to work with Google TV as far as I know and none of the versions developed for other Android devices will work. I use the ViMu media player but don't use IPTV so I can't say whether or not it works with IPTV but as a media player, it is my favorite Google TV media player.

5. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

Same here..I don't have the vimu..I have the Keedox M802..it does things the Costar couldnt..or I wish that it did..we had to move on right Chris?lol

6. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I actually still use Google TV often, almost daily, apparently one of the few still using it. I also have an Android mini PC using an AmLogic S802 and like it but it doesn't handle any of the mainstream streaming services well, no Netflix HD, no HBO GO, no Amazon Prime Instant Video HD, etc. etc. I am using it now to make this post and I use it to handle other Android applications, with 2GB RAM it does a lot of things better than Google TV, just none of the video streaming services I use. It would be capable of handling all of the streaming services just fine but it isn't approved so it doesn't.

I have read there is some kind of workaround for Amazon Prime using Kodi but it wasn't easy enough that I could figure it out quickly enough to be interested, especially since I can just use a different box without having to do anything but open the app. I think the Android mini PCs will run IPTV and might be better suited for the OPs needs than Google TV.

7. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

the Kodi app is pretty flawless when it comes to streaming movies in HD..the "repositories" do help a great deal.