Quantcast

internet will not connect since update

Discussion in 'Google TV Major Issues' started by wwwben, Nov 20, 2011.

1. wwwben

wwwben New Member

i have had my google tv for about a year now and all the sudden ño internet ... wifi says getting ip àddress from my router and never finishes .... ethernet says not connected ...i hooked an ethernet cable up and no matter what i do it says not connected, 1 router with dsl modem integrated , dhcp setti gs, añd all my other devices work fine...HELP

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, this is a known bug in the update with certain modems and has been discussed in the following threads:

You can by pass the problem by setting a static IP address for your Sony Google TV device. Go to GTV Settings > Network > Wi-Fi > Long Key Press the SSID of your wireless network under Wi-Fi Networks > Modify network and at the bottom you can switch it from DHCP to Static and provide the manual settings of the IP address information.

Also, you may want to report this issue to Sony, so that they know your modem/router this way they can make sure to address it in a future patch.

3. Mrknight

Mrknight New Member

The update is flawed. After 2 hours with level 1 and level 2 support, the problem was caused by update.To correct problem change wireless network settings from dhcp to static. They are sending more updates to correct this problem once your tv recognizes it's back on the web.If u do call ask foe tier 2 tech support for this known problem. You will be wasting your time with tier one.

4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

This has been documented in several threads, and the 2011111402_AAV_ORSC_20111114111323 update which resolves the issue has been rolling out the last few days.