Quantcast

Internet Speeds?

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by Kithar, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Kithar

Kithar New Member

Hi Everyone,

So I'm running the logitech revue off a wired connection. If I disconnect the cat5 going to the logitech revue and connect it to my laptop and run a speed test, I get approx. 23Mbps. If I reconnect the revue and run a speed test from the same service, I get aprox. 13Mbps. Every other PC on my wired home network gets around 23Mbps.

So my question to all the revue users is, what speed are you getting?

My questions to logitech/google are;
    Why do we have to lose 10Mbps (which is a lot if you didn't know)?
    If I have my ISP increase the speed of my service to make up for the loss, will you pay the difference in the bll?

2. harley man

harley man New Member

welcome i just tested my ipad and gtv on Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test i have fios 25/25 on gtv it was 11 mbps on dl and 19 on upl and on i pad it was 13.5 on dl and 9.91 on up i have seen as high as 35 on up on my gtv it has a lot to with how many are on the net and other things also the gtv is hard wired and ipad wireless

Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  3. harley man

harley man New Member

i just switch the gtv to wireless and it was 15.86 on DL and 10.56 on up

4. galfert

galfert Active Member

I've performed similar test and my experience is that you are better off hard wired Ethernet than wireless. I've had speed test as high as 33 mbps Down and 2 mbps up using wired...same as my wired PC scores all connected through my router to a DOCSIS 2.0 cable modem and these numbers are the max based on my current ISP plan. I could pay for 50 down / 5 up and they would set me up with a new DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem but that would be additional cost that I don't feel I need at this time.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2011
  5. ill_element

ill_element New Member

So I am having similar problems like everyone else. Revue is getting 10mbps and worse when connected to the same access point as other devices getting 33mbps downloads. However, when the Revue doesn't have to share the network by connecting to the modem directly, it is able to achieve 33mbps download speeds.

Another interesting thing I found is that if I bounce the box, the first test seems to be in the 20+ mbps range. However, every subsequent test after the first gets increasingly worse. Another odd bug that I found in my troubleshooting is that when I bounce the Revue, the DHCP assigned address that I get is completely out of the DHCP scope I have available on my network. The only way to release and renew the DHCP assigned address is to reseat the Ethernet Cable (at least according to Revue Support). I might try giving the Revue a static address to see if this might help with my networking problems.:(

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alaska4Me

Alaska4Me Member

My Revue boogies along at 65MBPS

7. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

Simply put, does the Revue do what you bought it fer? If ya ain't having bufffering problems and all else is working, and the speedtests don't jibe w/the performance...Hey, forget the test & enjoy the ride!

Speedtests are great for troubleshooting problems. Laptops & other devices tend to drain broadband at a higher rate than GTV devices. When sharing Wifi the main issue is whether the shared Broadband is enough for the Logitech Revue to perform at best capacity for what it does best.

Don't drive yerselves crazy w/all the speedtest results as very often they are far from accurate. The global Broadband speed test allows ya to select the best server for your area. But even that site fluctuates drastically between tests.

When things go wrong the speedtest allows ya to eliminate BB as the source of the problem.

Over monitoring can lead to BB envy...

Carl:D