Quantcast

Internet Connectivity Problems Need Help Please.

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by jrcarter, Dec 13, 2011.

1. jrcarter

jrcarter New Member

Is anyone out there having trouble connecting to the internet? I received the update around 1:50 am Monday morn. and stii have'nt found a way to connect. I have tried wireless and wired the only way it temporarily connects is if I change the IP settings from DHCP to static then go and re-enter the IP adress the Gateway address thw Network Prefix length . It shows the DNS 1 no.as 8.8.8.8 and the DNS no.as 4.4.4.4 If I change the DNS no. 8.8.4.4 on 1 and 2 it says it connected and goes to next step which is step 5, then when I sign in to my google acct. it says password doesn't match or if by chance it finally does accept it, it tries to go to android mkt. ( I think) but then it says trouble with network try again later. I go back and it has lost connection to internet.Can anyone PLEASE help. Thank you in advance for any advice. J.R.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Do not use 4.4.4.4 as an DNS IP Address it is incorrect. I suspect you got this information from Logitech Technical Support. Someone obviously messed up because according to the Google DNS page (Using Google Public DNS). It is supposed to be 8.8.4.4, so the 4.4.4.4 was probably a typo somewhere that turned into bad information that Logitech is propagating. So, make sure your DNS servers are using 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

As for the Android Market, try GTV Settings > Applications > Manage Application the performing a Force Stop and Clear Data for Market, Market Feedback Agent, Market Updater. Once you're done reboot the it by pressing [Ctrl]+[Alt]+[Del]

• Like Like x 2
  3. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  4. jrcarter

jrcarter New Member

Thank You that got me to where it says I'm connected then the next step is to sign into Google to which it reply's to me saying my username and password do not match. I have had that acct. for a while now, so I tried to use my wife's acct. and it says same thing. I am at a loss, I just purchased the 2nd one the 19th of last month from Radio Shack and exchanged it for another one and it does the exact same thing. Again I want to say Thanks for you all being here to help. Is it possible that the update is IP Address sensitive because an online Logitech tech. told me to go to another network and try it again. He is where I got the address info. and I was wondering if I could have downloaded the same update with the same bug since I started with a brand new Revue and if I were to take it to another network would I get the same update? And one last thing should I take this Revue back and try another one on the different network. Sorry this was so long because I really don't know what I am doing with this technology I have trouble with a CD player.(not really) but close.

• Like Like x 2
  5. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

you welcome!

• Like Like x 2
  6. revue5

revue5 Well-Known Member

you could Try factory-reset again.

Make sure [Caps Lock] is off while typing Acc & Pw.

You may try the other keyboard (to pair it, press the button on the back of the Revue for one sec.)

Good Luck!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    • Like Like x 2
  7. jrcarter

jrcarter New Member

Thanks to all of you who have replied to this thread. I ended up having to get a new modem. I could not in any way get on the internet before. I had factory reset it a dozen times, I hard wired it , I tried wireless all with no success. I ended up getting out an older modem which as soon as I hooked it up the Revue worked flawlessly. It seems suspicious that at the same time that I got the update I also got a verybad virus on our home computer. It said it was Vista 2012 Antivirus that got on my home computer and locked it up (don't try x out of it use Ctrl Alt Del.) I found this out the hard way, but it seems like it also attached to my Modem because here I am on the Revue using the old Modem . I still need to go get one that has wireless capabilities but at least hard wiring works with it. Hope noone else got the Virus. Thanks Again.