Quantcast

International coverage?

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by stuberman, Sep 3, 2011.

1. stuberman

stuberman Member

Anyone know what countries support Google TV? There is the issue of power connector, and then TV/STB/Channel support and then language support and also Internet support (I noticed when traveling Internationally some services like Netflix are blocked).

We were thinking of deploying some Logitech Revues with HD cams at offices around the world - which will be fine if all we are doing is video conferencing.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

United States of America.

• Like Like x 2
  3. stuberman

stuberman Member

I wonder what new member padula from Brazil is able to get on his system.

• Like Like x 2
  4. sparkyscott21

sparkyscott21 Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  5. Silvio

Silvio New Member

Hi
    I'm from Croatia /Europe and I'm interested, will google tv work in my country, and are there any restriction?

6. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Yes - Google TV will work in your country. The restrictions would be that some web sites from inside the USA (such as Netflix) are geographically restricted and won't work from inside of your country. And currently Google plays Flash videos very well - however does not have Microsoft Silverlight support and Windows Media Player support. After the Honeycomb update there will be improved support for different format/codecs.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

The ultimate restrictions are going to be based on individual website(s) or service(s) which manages content accessibility by the proximity of your IP address' registered location. For example, Netflix does not provide its services to Croatia, therefore would be inaccessible to you through the Revue. Also the Google TV's channel guide search won't be relevant to you, since postal or location codes outside of the United States of America are not recognized by the configuration wizard.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2011
  8. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

I wanted to mention that I came across a few sites that used BOTH IP address and the Time Zone to determine accessibility. So I would recommend going to your settings in Google TV and entering your correct time zone. I have the Logitech Revue and I'm able to do this manually (not sure how it works with the Sony Google TV products). In the USA if you enter your 5 digit zip code - the Revue can be set to automatically enter correct time and time zone. But since you are outside of the USA you will have to manually enter your time zone.