Quantcast

Interesting!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by overtimeman, Sep 29, 2012.

1. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

Thanks for your post. Yes those look like some interesting devices - but just to be clear - these are NOT Google TV devices (they are android TV devices).

Also Geniatech doesn't sell their devices directly to consumers - you would have to find a reseller that offers them. I've found that Geniatech often posts model versions on their web site - but they are frequently sold-out or some of those models (for whatever reason) seem to never be available anywhere.

Geniatech won't even answer personal email inquiries - they'll only respond if you can verify that you are an official business.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
  3. overtimeman

overtimeman Active Member

Amazon has the Geniatech 4000 on their website with only one review.Not really interested in getting one but it did get curious.After what Microsoft did to webtv/msntv2 it's gonna be an uphill battle to get people to accept set top boxes as an alternative to having a computer hooked to a TV.Thankfully most people didn't have that bad experience. Mike

4. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

I have seen these "Google Android" TV or Android TV boxes advertised often but never known that anybody has actually intentionally purchased one. The thing I dislike most about this product category is that it creates confusion for the market interested in Google TV, people buying one believing it is the Google supported product are not likely to try a second time. I am sure the products are hit or miss regarding whether or not Google Play apps will work properly and hit or miss regarding whether or not the company making the product will offer support of any kind.

I will stick with Google TV.