Quantcast

Integrated Sound for TV and Internet Apps

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by cathys, Nov 14, 2011.

1. cathys

cathys New Member

I am trying to play sound through my receiver for both tv and internet applications. The receiver does not have hdmi but does have optical access. So I hooked up comcast cable through a cable box and Y/Pb/Pr cables (to the tv). I then hooked up an a/v receiver by a direct optical cable from the tv to the receiver. Both IR cables in place. All of this exactly like the instructions detail. The remotes work for everything but turning on and off the units, however, no tv sound. Pandora, netflix etc works but tv does not...out of either the tv speakers or the receiver. When I hook up additional cables from the cable box to the receiver it makes the remote not play everything and then you have to change the input on the receiver as well. Help please, confusing.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Since you're using the Y/Pb/Pr video cables from the cable box to the Sony Internet TV. You you should also use the audio left (white) and right (red) cables, so that the audio travels along with the video through the Google TV device.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cathys

cathys New Member

Thanks, that did work to have the tv play sound on the tv speakers but it is still not playing on the receiver. Any ideas?

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You will have to make sure the Sony Internet TV is connected the optical audio input of the AV Receiver and toggled to its respective input. If the optical input does not have a physical input association then you may have to go into its settings to assign a logical assignment.

Also, you may also need to toggle the setting for GTV Settings > Picture & sound > Speakers > Audio system.

• Like Like x 2