Quantcast

Installing apps fails

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by fletch, Sep 30, 2012.

1. fletch

fletch New Member

Tried to install both TWC and AccuWeather, got a popup that something failed and offered to force it to close. Installed them without any problem on another NSZ-GT1. Don't install apps that often but never had a problem until today. Tried clearing Google Play data and reverting to an older version.

There must be something wrong with this particular box. It's still got an older YouTube app. The other box has been updated a couple of times in recent months and the YouTube UI has changed quite a bit on the new version. So I guess even the forced auto-update of apps is failing too. Well, except for the most recent "system" update. That seemed to work.

2. trallyus

trallyus Active Member

I know this sounds strange but usually when this problem occurs, most of the time resetting the router will fix the problem. It seems strange to most folks since they say why reset the router when my google tv is connected but 9 times out of 10 resetting the router fixes the problem you and others have with apps not updating and other such oddities that messing with the google tv wont help.