Quantcast

Inputs not detected.

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by alexbutterfield, Oct 14, 2012.

1. alexbutterfield

alexbutterfield New Member

Almost every time I want to use a different input there are none detected. I have to ctrl+alt+del to restart the TV then it detects the inputs. usually.

Any solution?

2. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Rather than restart have you tried just powering off the TV. When you power back on, what happens?

Carl

3. alexbutterfield

I've tried the regular off button on the remote, with no luck.

The worrying thing is that I've done the restart before to try and find te inputs and while the one I've wanted (PS3) was found, the other connection (multiregion DVD player) was not found. At the time I just carried on, but it was lucky that the connection I wanted right then was the one of the two that happened to be detected.

Might it have to do with having a flash drive plugged in to a USB port? I have one in regularly.

(I seem to remember a more comprehensive power off that I could do when I first bought the TV - but since the updates (I'm talking several months back) I havent been able to figure that out - now when I power off and on it does so in a split second. I guess its on standby, rather than turned off.)

4. Carlszone

Carlszone Well-Known Member

Hi

I don't think it has anything to do w/your Flash drive. It is passive when not in use. As a trouble shooting step I would connect each device by itself and test changing inputs then test each time as you add them back on. One of your devices is not playing well w/ others. Once you have exhausted troubleshooting it might be time to give Customer Support a call.

Make sure to test to see if all inputs are functioning. The DVD player should be the best device for testing input ports.

Carl

5. mceachrw

mceachrw New Member

same issue here. i have had an old dvd player and a wii connected for over a year. input switching worked fine for ~6 months. now i have to ctrl+alt+del reboot to be able to switch away from tv. i am going to remove the dvd player (rarely used) and see if that changes anything.

6. alexbutterfield

I've found switching to TV mode (I'm generally using apps) and then accessing the input menu works for me