Quantcast

Indexing USB attached drive takes too long....

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by tamanaco, Dec 12, 2011.

1. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

I recall reading somewhere that there was a setting for the Logitech Media Player to disable indexing in 3.1, but I can not find this setting anywhere. I'm only using a 120GB WD Passport drive formatted NTFS to test. With firmware 2.1 all I had to do was attach the drive and in less than 30 seconds I was able to navigate the folders and find my media files. It is not that easy in 3.1. If indexing is going to take this long every time I remove and re-attach the drive this is not going to be a pleasant experience. I also read in the Logitech forum suggestions to switch to another media player to avoid indexing. What's the best/recommended Media Player in the market for Revue with firmware 3.1?

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

That's because it doesn't exist. You need to index the drive at least once in order to share the files.

Choices are pretty limited as it is now, GTVBox Video Player, Avia Media Player and Plex.

3. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

I just found a setting for indexing in the Music Player. Duh!...is the right-most option on the top bar of the player under Search. Someone suggested to remove the drive, disable the option and reconnect the drive. I'm gonna give it a shot after lunch.

Edit:
    eferz, thanks for the Media Player suggestions I'll also try those after lunch

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  4. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

The Media Player behaves just like it did in firmware 2.1 after disabling the indexing option. You can not search using keywords, but you can navigate the folders. The other thing is that one has to press either Menu button or Settings while in the player to change the media source. Once the source is selected, Folder navigation is the only option displayed in the top bar.

Edit:
    Now I need to figure out how to make the player sort in ascending order. I named the folders where I keep my movies starting with numbers as in (1-Drama, 2-Comedy, 3-Sci-Fi, etc...)

Edit 2: Now when I remove the drive, the TV switches to the Revue interface and displays a message saying the the drive has been disconnected. Don't know if this is good or bad, but it's different.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
  5. brojimh

brojimh New Member

This out of order stuff is killing me! I have too many files to have to scroll through all of them to find what I am looking for.

6. bkdg100

bkdg100 New Member

ditto ditto ditto . index issue needs immediate addressing .

7. checkersjg

checkersjg New Member

I was having all kinds of trouble with LMP, even the new honeycomb version so I downloaded aVia Media Player from the Android Market for free and it works just like you'd expect a media player to work. I'm using it to talk to TVersity so I can make any promises about USB, but since Logitech has dumped the revue box I think this is probably your best bet.

PS. This was after waiting 45 minutes on hold for Logitech "support" and then having the chump who finally answered hang up on me halfway thru my question.

• Like Like x 2