Quantcast

Incorrect time and date

Discussion in 'Logitech Revue' started by alex800, Dec 27, 2012.

1. alex800

alex800 New Member

My Review developed a new issue. It is losing time and date sync for some reason. I already tried setting the time manually and using automatic setting but after each reboot the time goes back to 10/15/2010 3:00AM. I did factory reset but it did not help. It is very annoying every time I want to watch Netflix or use play store I need to go to setting to reset time and date. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Allanf

Allanf New Member

yeah I've had the same issue for months...only happens for me when I initially turn it on tho..after that its fine..never really bothered to try find a fix, so in essence this reply is of no use to you whatsoever, sorry :)

3. tamanaco

tamanaco New Member

Same here.

4. Travel

Travel Active Member

I had that same problem a while back, but with a further problem of a bad router that created an interrupt that was throwing the Chrome browser off line. I got rid of the unnecessary router and just connected everything to the multi-ethernet port, cable modem. The "wrong time" problem then went away. If you're also losing the internet connection, it may be the equipment.

Also, in the "Date, time, location" settings, just unclicking/clicking the "Automatic time" box usually resets it to the correct time.

5. ChrisG8

ChrisG8 Well-Known Member

This problem is very rare but I believe it is always either a router problem or an issue with how the Revue interacts with that specific router, blame whichever you want but a different router will fix the problem if it can't be fixed by changing router settings.

6. guest

guest Active Member

How does watching Netflix cause the device to reboot? If you unplug the device, then reconnect it, you're going to have the problem. I do, too. But it's not a constant issue while the device is in use, just for the first few minutes after plugging it back in.

7. mardukeme

mardukeme Member

The problem is usually caused by lack off, poor, or delayed network connection while booting up your gtv box. When within the settings just hit the back button.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2