Quantcast

Inconsistent Overscan Size

Discussion in 'Sony Internet TV' started by ginsengbomb, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

Hello-

Mostly pleased owner of a new Sony Google TV / Blu-ray box. One concern that is irking me.

No matter how many times I set the overscan to match my screen's size (the exercise wherein you press the up/right/down/left buttons to make sure the GTV screen covers the entirety of your display), the overscan stops covering the whole screen after several minutes of use. Switching channels, using apps, etc., inevitably the GTV display starts not covering the entirety of the screen or, worse, shifting slightly off center.

It's hardly an experience-destroying problem, it's just very irksome. Anybody else have this problem and any solution? My GTV box is connected to a Tivo Premiere and my Panasonic Viera TV. I haven't (as far as I can tell) had this problem with any other boxes connected to the TV.

2. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Try disabling the rescaling feature of the television. Google TV outputs a fixed resolution so you don't need it enabled on the television. Most Panasonic Viera TVs have a setting called "HD Size". This will switch the TV from overscan to a 1:1 pixel mapping. Try Menu > Picture > Advanced Picture > HD Size.

• Like Like x 2
  3. ginsengbomb

ginsengbomb New Member

Perfect! Seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks for the swift reply to my somewhat esoteric issue!

• Like Like x 2
  4. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

You're welcome. Glad to help.

5. mustang1068

mustang1068 New Member

If this is a plasma TV - you may need to turn off the pixel orbiting - that was the issue for me. Plasma TVs shift the picture around to prevent image burn-in.