Quantcast

Illegal Signal at startup

Discussion in 'Sony Blu-Ray Set Top Box' started by randyindallas, Oct 10, 2011.

1. randyindallas

randyindallas New Member

I have my ATT uverse box connected via HDMI to the input on the Sony Google TV box. The output HDMI is connected to one of the inputs on my home theater receiver. Every time I turn the components off for the night, and then back on the next day... I receive an "illegal signal" message on my TV. I have to hold down the power button on the Google TV box for 10 seconds then turn it back on. Now this isn't too terrible bad, just annoying. If heaven forbid I turn off the receiver and forget to turn off the Google TV box overnight it messes up the uverse receiver. I have to completely reset it and bypass the Google TV box to get the signal back, then reset the Google box then reconnect it all. What a pain in the butt! It would be great if someone could fix this.

2. Yeaidid

Yeaidid New Member

Try connecting via component cables first, let it load, turn the box off then connect via hdmi. Fyi you will bypass the sony unit when you connect via component, just change the inputs on your tv.

Sent from my Dell Streak using Tapatalk