Quantcast

iGoGo TV - Android TV box (Built-in Webcam & Mic)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Andappuser, Jan 10, 2012.

1. Andappuser

Andappuser New Member

A new google TV box just released in market call "iGoGo TV - Android TV box". looks nice and it includes TV mount to mount on top of LED/LCD TV and moreover built in webcam and mic.:)

Attached Files:

2. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

3. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether or not to mark the above post as spam. On the one hand it is a Android TV device, but I just saw this same message posted today on about five different Android related forums by the same user handle for a device which was released last year. The only difference with this post is that it doesn't contain the links to purchase it. Muwahahaha!

Anyways, for those of you who are interested, this is another one of those China Android TV knockoffs...

• Like Like x 2
  4. CatfishRivers

CatfishRivers Well-Known Member

It looks like a knock-off of the Samsung product IMO. Is this device even available in the USA?

My own personal choice would be to stick with a known brand like Samsung (assuming that specs, and price are similar).

The Samsung inTouch product will be available in the USA in March - it looks like for this knock-off one would have to order it from China. I doubt it would be much cheaper than the Samsung - especially with shipping costs factored in.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  5. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

Yeah, you can buy now it in the USA through "mailed to order" though. If you look for this person's link on the other forums then you can find out where. It's being sold for the same suggested retail price of the Samsung iTouch (which is expected to be released in March). Technically, I think this time Samsung is the knock-off. Since this company has this product out to market long before Samsung did.

These companies who are distributing Skype with their Android TV units are obviously addressing a gap left open by Google for not finalizing the video conferencing platform for Google TV. Since its been a year and Google TV still doesn't support webcams or mics, there's no reason they can't use Android devices to implement it for the television market.

6. halox

halox New Member

It's crazy, right? (Slightly off-topic) It also drives me nuts that I still can't Skype on my Xbox 360 through Kinect. The video conferencing on Kinect is great, but all of my relatives have moved on to Skype.

7. eferz

eferz Well-Known Member

At least since Microsoft owns Skype there's a good chance that it is being worked on behind the scenes.