Quantcast

If you just want web progs on tv..a $139 solution

Discussion in 'Google TV General Discussion' started by alphawave7, Oct 10, 2010.

1. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

2. JohnDroid

JohnDroid Administrator Staff Member

That's pretty cool but it doesn't really allow you to control your PC from your living room. Ie, no keyboard, mouse, etc?

3. HamDog

HamDog Member

Very cool unit! That pretty much does what WiDi does with Windows 7, except you don't need the expensive hardware required by WiDi. JohnDroid, the remote is essentially your laptop!

I'm not saying this is cooler or will take the place of Google TV, but I'm really glad we're seeing good innovation in this new frontier.

4. alphawave7

alphawave7 Moderator Staff Member

I think this veebeem is a reference point...HamDog was mentioning in another thread about getting web content onto tv easily (via HTPC/XBox,etc.) earlier, and this is indeed one of the compelling features of GTV, at least for me. That, and apps. GTV doesn't have content partners that Roku doesn't have, aside from HBO...most of HBO I can get at Netflix now or a bit later. Sadly, I don't 'need' a search GUI since I have no provider, I already have a Harmony remote, already have a good deal of free content on Roku, so web and apps are all GTV can really give me. :)